Author Topic: Gadgeteer Video  (Read 2173 times)

Offline [Moderator] Calligraphy

• Global Moderator
  • I'm your friendly neighborhood Calligraphy
Gadgeteer Video
« on: January 25, 2012, 02:21:15 am »
Here's a video about the Gadgeteer class showing its skill trees and some of the skills under it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aGhzuZg4Agk

Offline Nepila

Re: Gadgeteer Video
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2012, 10:08:31 am »
How does Tesla widget work on this version of Mythos? On the EU version it shot a continous stream of lighting, on this it seemed to shoot in small bursts. How is the damage compared to EU if somebody played it?

If I remember right tesla is the damage widget, then there was other one that reduced monster resists. Which one is shown on the video?
« Last Edit: January 25, 2012, 10:21:47 am by Nepila »

Offline StephTheGadget

• I didn't do it deliberately.
« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2012, 12:11:41 pm »
How does Tesla widget work on this version of Mythos? On the EU version it shot a continous stream of lighting, on this it seemed to shoot in small bursts. How is the damage compared to EU if somebody played it?

If I remember right tesla is the damage widget, then there was other one that reduced monster resists. Which one is shown on the video?

Tesla = lightning damage in bursts
Supression = slow/resists [debuff], continuous stream
Servant = can take over enemies, stream

Sadly on EU, teslas were next to useless, even fairly early on. Let's hope it's different here :)
« Last Edit: January 25, 2012, 12:16:13 pm by StephTheGadget »

He that cannot reason is a fool.
He that will not is a bigot.
He that dare not is a slave.

Offline Nepila

« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2012, 10:55:34 am »
On the EU beta where I played for the first time, teslas were the most op thing ever. With pure luck gear, and all stats to wis, teslas killed every normal monster just by touching them, and elites in  about a second. You could just run through all the dungeons without touching the monsters by yourself. Only bosses required you to pop a supression/heal widget.

Piercing Flurry Bloodletter was still the number one boss killer though. At lvl 27 (it was the max level during the time I played) I was able to kill bosses up to level 30 in 5 seconds without taking any damage.

Offline StephTheGadget

• I didn't do it deliberately.
« Reply #4 on: January 28, 2012, 04:19:17 pm »
I'm not sure if teslas got nerfed between beta and live, but I can tell you it for a fact that at later levels teslas are not good damage dealers.

With the spit skill tiers, it's not even a practical proposition to use them as a support skill for a marksman.

My opinion, based on my experience [I think I have a bit].

Feel free to try them out though, that is half the fun of the game :)

He that cannot reason is a fool.
He that will not is a bigot.
He that dare not is a slave.