Author Topic: For those who have launcher problems  (Read 13038 times)

Offline CounterExile

• IGN: Kuruma
Re: For those who have launcher problems
« Reply #15 on: February 16, 2012, 12:38:19 am »
Tried everything; the updater thingy works but after clicking Start Game, Mythos just crashes...  :'(

were you running it on IE? perhaps you have some pop up blockers or security programs that wont allow mythos to run(run as admin thing etc..)?
Raindrops keep fallin' on my head,

they keep fallin'

trolololol

Offline cry0tek

• Seriously?!
« Reply #16 on: February 16, 2012, 12:54:09 am »
Yes, I ran it with IE and FF, both as administrators, the farthest  I got to was the launcher, after hitting start, a timer comes out and POOF - game crashes.

Offline CounterExile

• IGN: Kuruma
« Reply #17 on: February 16, 2012, 01:06:51 am »
try renaming some of the files on your folder and run the updater.exe again, it's gonna be downloading some other files, and maybe that would do it. im not quite sure though, check this out: http://mythosforum.t3fun.com/index.php?topic=1693.0

and try checking the task manager if there are any mythos files running, they must be closed. hope these things work.
Raindrops keep fallin' on my head,

they keep fallin'

trolololol

Offline Fargol

« Reply #18 on: March 13, 2012, 02:21:39 pm »
Tried everything; the updater thingy works but after clicking Start Game, Mythos just crashes...  :'(

I've tried everything too, and it's funny but everything fails in a different way.

Offline Katharina

« Reply #19 on: March 14, 2012, 07:18:52 am »
Hello Everyone,
well normally i use Firefox but i tried the Internet Explorer - and its the latest version - but still nothing happens when I click on Start. :(

Offline [Moderator] Deception

• Global Moderator
  • Blessed are the meek
« Reply #20 on: March 14, 2012, 11:12:31 pm »
Hi there!

Normally, you'll have to wait for a few minutes if it is your first time running the game.

Also, please post again if you have received any errors prior to the said problem and I will be more than happy to help you out. :)

Offline freeteevee

« Reply #21 on: April 11, 2012, 08:30:01 pm »
I got it to work. My comp is using windblows 7 and FF is my default browser. I had launcher problems like a lot of people do. So I uninstalled Mythos and made IE my default browser. Restarted comp and reinstalled Mythos. Ran Mythos and it used IE to patch viola!! Hope it works for you. BTW-this forum has some of the hardest verification images EVER!!

Offline mcderpington

« Reply #22 on: May 09, 2012, 03:29:28 am »
You guys need to do your market research. The vast majority of "global" players use Firefox or Chrome. Either fix it and get it to work with the browsers, or abandon the browser-launch platform. Unlike Korea, the entire population does not use Internet Explorer, and by adopting the browser-launch model in the West, you're simply asking for technical complications.

You are losing thousands of potential customers by making it such a hassle to even play the game - many will simply not go to the great lengths to try to fix a problem which inherently originates from your incompetence.

Offline [Moderator] Scotland

• Global Moderator
  • No Lifer
« Reply #23 on: May 15, 2012, 11:25:20 am »
I use fire fox aswell, but i have no problem clicking on the IE that comes with the installation of windows. Ive just set my
home page on IE to the mythos offical website to launch the game.

I really dont know why there is such a great problem with people clicking on another browser that already exists for just
two seconds to launch a game, close the IE then play the game. How ever I cant speak for any technical or launch problems
that may occur because ive never had any with the old IE.

Offline Ryyu

« Reply #24 on: May 15, 2012, 04:53:37 pm »
I just installed the game and when i click start game it does nothing, when i click it twice i get a box with this inside it [] [] [] [] [] Not sure what that means. I did what the link at the beginning of this thread said to do. I am running Google chrome and would like to be able to use it to launch the game.

Offline [Moderator] Illumi

• Administrator
  • HeavenSworD
« Reply #25 on: May 15, 2012, 11:39:22 pm »

Ryyu, try to use IE or Internet Explorer first then follow these instructions in these links:

http://mythosforum.t3fun.com/index.php?topic=88.0

http://mythosforum.t3fun.com/index.php?topic=2230.0

And allow and install the pop-ups also.  :)

HeavenSworD

Offline Ryyu

« Reply #26 on: May 15, 2012, 11:46:37 pm »
Okay, so i will be able to always use Chrome after i do that? I mean i find it kind of silly that only IE (IE is Internet explorer right?) can be used to launch this game.
« Last Edit: May 15, 2012, 11:51:48 pm by Ryyu »

Offline Ryyu

« Reply #27 on: May 16, 2012, 12:06:41 am »
Okay I just tried to run it from Internet explorer and still nothing. Im in the US so this game should be working but why isn't it? It is kind of frustrating because i really wanna try out this game and i cant even get into it. Well i was able to go into the T3fun file from my computer and open UpdaterRun and it opened and updated it but i still cant get anywhere clicking game start on both Chrome and Internet explorer.

Edit: Okay so i can open the launcher with IE but i want to be able to do it with chrome because i use chrome. Is there anyway i can get it to open with chrome?
« Last Edit: May 16, 2012, 12:23:28 am by Ryyu »

Offline [Moderator] Illumi

• Administrator
  • HeavenSworD
« Reply #28 on: May 16, 2012, 01:47:06 am »
Try also to uninstall then download the files from this link:

http://mythos.t3fun.com/Data/Download.aspx

And select the download from torrent. Hope it works  :)

HeavenSworD

Offline Ryyu

« Reply #29 on: May 16, 2012, 01:29:17 pm »
Okay i will try the torrent one. Also when I did start the game up from Internet it didn't go anywhere said there was an error and closed.