Author Topic: Piercing Barrage (Warning! Small dissertation ahead)  (Read 5398 times)

Offline presidente

Piercing Barrage (Warning! Small dissertation ahead)
« on: February 03, 2012, 07:32:46 am »
I love the marksman class, but honestly this skill tree is incredibly weak. I have the skill itself and the first passive for it maxed out and yet it does far less damage than a basic attack, despite the fact that its supposed to add to my attack and fires more bullets. This may also have something to do with the fact that the bullets don't always seem to connect with the targets they go through. Just an observation.
This class is supposed to do more damage to avoid being hit. And while I realize that this skill may have been a bit OP in the initial Flagship version of the game, this is far too much. On a side note, Rapid Refire would be great but it chews through mana like nothing else.
 Please take a look at this during future skill balancing, and for the love of God, don't just nerf the BL but make the other classes stronger. This isn't a Korean grinder. Most ppl in the West like being able to build a powerful character that can easily crush normal mobs but have a challenge in boss and unique mobs. This is what made Diablo and Diablo II so popular. The fact that you could grow a powerful character by following almost any of the skill trees to the point of being OP by the standard of most other MMOs these days, was what made the game fun. Only they weren't OP compared to the other classes, it was just that all classes kicked ass. 
This is what made the game great and why so few games of the same genre have be able to attain the same success since than. Because instead of powering up other classes, they nerfed the best class down to the level of the others, creating all around weak chars. There's a reason most people are drawn to the most OP classes in games, becuase they're fun to play offering faster paced combat than the other classes. Learn from that and make Mythos a true successor to the Diablo genre. Afterall, people are most likely to spend money in the cash shop if they truely enjoy the game.

Offline StephTheGadget

• I didn't do it deliberately.
Re: Piercing Barrage (Warning! Small dissertation ahead)
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2012, 07:41:14 am »
aaah, PB and Glancing both maxed and it's no good, whut?, damn.

they broke my cookie cutter ;/

I normally go PB [for mobs] and RR [for bosses], but as re-specs are free to lvl 40 I've been playing around with seeking Shot.

What's your base damage and AR like?
« Last Edit: February 03, 2012, 07:43:18 am by StephTheGadget »

He that cannot reason is a fool.
He that will not is a bigot.
He that dare not is a slave.

Offline moorcastle

« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2012, 03:20:02 pm »
Is this true? I am a level 31 marksman with a full tree of rapid refire and piercing barrage.

Are you saying to take the points out of piercing and put the points where?

Offline StephTheGadget

« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2012, 05:42:23 pm »
Don't worry about it, maxed PB is still the mob clearing skill it always was.

the weakness of bauble trap is a  problem though [for me at least]

Where the OP is correct, though I think he will be dissapointed, is about not reducing other classes and skills because they seem OP when compared to others.

Sadly though, what he may not realise is, this IS now a Korean grinder at it's roots, all the changes we see here spawn from the Korean version of the game, so nerf is the name of the game :(

Offline Bunnz

« Reply #4 on: February 15, 2012, 10:14:46 am »

the weakness of bauble trap is a  problem though [for me at least]

+1 , Bauble is really too weak. Doesn't make much sense when the bauble traps are a 1 or 2 hit for most of the mobs :( ...

Offline yuksaro

« Reply #5 on: April 15, 2012, 10:33:45 pm »
A'men brother!

Offline [Moderator] Scotland

• Global Moderator
  • No Lifer
« Reply #6 on: April 19, 2012, 10:14:32 am »
I have 1 point in bauble on my gadget. I only ever use it when im pvp against minions.

Latch to stun half the minions > bauble to distract the other half which gives me enough time for my CD to be lower and then back to latch > repeat > minions dead. > Flaw.

Offline Bunnz

« Reply #7 on: April 28, 2012, 10:57:49 pm »
Well, Bauble was a nice instrument before, but you won't really miss it nowadays -  i d suggest not not spend more than one point in bauble - and that point is a nostalgic one. Go for stun if you want to solo relics, the bosses which cant be stunned wont really go for the bauble trap anyway...  ;) So in the end - bad news for Bauble: you dont need it...

Offline StephTheGadget

« Reply #8 on: April 29, 2012, 05:50:15 am »
Won't miss bauble?, wait till you hit the dungeons on LOD.

I wonder why there are virtually zero marksman gadgets on the RU server?........

Offline Korro

« Reply #9 on: April 29, 2012, 08:06:26 am »

I wonder why there are virtually zero marksman gadgets on the RU server?........

cause they not pro enough! muhahaha

Offline Bunnz

« Reply #10 on: April 29, 2012, 08:13:44 am »
/waits for the Update - if we ever get this Zone on MythosGlobal, i might change my mind  ;) ...

Offline StephTheGadget

« Reply #11 on: April 29, 2012, 09:25:11 am »

cause they not pro enough! muhahaha

I guess so :P

I'm just hacked right off that they ruined my favorite class and build.

I have not problem with having to farm the best gear in order to survive relics, but to run normal dungeons, pah!, hardly makes the game accessible to the casual player does it?

With a population as sparse as is here, noobs and casuals will need to be the bread and butter, if it's to get back on it's feet.

I just can't be bothered any more....

[returns to playing Hellgate and waiting for TL2....]

Offline Korro

« Reply #12 on: April 29, 2012, 09:39:57 am »
i always thought marksman as best for normal dungeons, but not relics. (as far as i saw, if you're not a tank and you have to stand in one place to do damage that spec ain't gonna work). are there actually any maxed out, gear-wise, marksmen there?

yeah..

torchlight.. summer.. D3.. what, 2 weeks? oh cool. problem solved. it's okay, mythos ate enough time and served it's purpose, but it's gonna go regardless of what anybody does with it now. personally i dont even plan on coming back even if a 'patch' comes out, since i can't even be bothered to get the game to run anymore, it just bugs.. before i used to spend time fixing it, now not worth it

Offline StephTheGadget

« Reply #13 on: April 29, 2012, 03:32:20 pm »
There in lies the point.

When bauble worked [ie when you got just the one and it lasted for a few hits], you could get some minion stats [life and armour] to boost it a bit more, and then you COULD tank, at least on bosses without nasty aoe skills.

It went like this

1. Drop bauble
2. Cast BOS
3. Stand on top of bauble
4. Bauble takes damage whilst you RR the un-stunnable boss to hell :)

Didn't work all the time [and so it shouldn't], but let me solo most every boss in LOD, and a good few of the relics too.

but I guess too many PvP lovers whined about it being 'unfair', so they nerfed it.

Offline Raziel

« Reply #14 on: April 30, 2012, 02:26:35 pm »
hmm..
Havent played much as marksman but when steph says its good IT IS THEN
i have no doubts on that
actually she was one of best MM gadgeteers in europe