Author Topic: Cinderblade (help)  (Read 6496 times)

Offline luci

Cinderblade (help)
« on: February 09, 2012, 02:46:11 am »
Hi, so i've been having problems with my cinderblade. I'm currently lvl 20 and is having a hard time at dungeons and just wondering what i'm doing wrong with my character. So it would be nice if someone can tell me how to distribute stat points, tell me which skills are important or just give me any tips to improve my cinderblade :). Also a quick question, is brilliant aura worth it?? for some i reason i don't really notice much difference on damage reduction with it on/off.

It would be nice if experienced cinderbladers would reply ASAP :)

Offline storm

Re: Cinderblade (help)
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2012, 03:06:49 am »
Not sure about the 'experienced' bit but from what I heard and read...

Cinder damage is excellent on all wis but someone said to add a bit of vita for the later game, perhaps that's what you could start doing at 20+.

One point to the colossus summon (also I added 1 point to the mastery there, for good measure, we'll see if that needs amending later)
Full points cinderwall and add to the mastery there, personally I'll just fill both
Lava...stream, is that the name? Adds fire resistance debuff and some minor AOE. I find I use it on boss only but unsure how much effect it has. It certainly looks great in theory.

Someone said to get Meteor with all the meteor extras maxxed for end game fun. Supposedly great range dd with area.
But...and there are two big buts. It's in the wrong skill tree. The description says nothing about damage being boosted by wis, only weapon.
I will certainly try it out but it sounds like yet another skill that was changed from other game versions.

What to look for in gear, no idea. I'm jogging around with 1 wand and one pistol at the moment, haha.

EDIT Pve only...in pvp people seem to use very different skills.
« Last Edit: February 09, 2012, 03:10:56 am by storm »

Offline [Moderator] Scotland

• Global Moderator
  • No Lifer
« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2012, 03:10:20 am »
hello =) id like to start of by saying em... cinder is not for beginners its pretty hard to figure out what to spend and where to
spend it, i spent a lot of real cash on the shop on respecs both skill and attribute trying to figure out the best possible route
to take.

To this day i still havnt managed to get equilibrium with the cinder. I will give you the best advice i can for skills as for atributes
you are on your own mate if you find out let me know =)

Burning Arc - Keep low only spend 1 point in it or your mana consumption is a joke.. at your lvl any ways keep it 1 skill point.
Lava Field - This will increase the dmg that Burning arc does (its a must)
Thermal Screen - you dont need from low lvl, only around lvl 42+ you should max this skill  for harder bosses.
Phoenix - Yet again does not need maxed untill your higher level ( spend 1 point is ok if you have it unlocked)
Burniong collosus - This helps a huge ammount ( duno how it would work with new tier tree tho) not needed till you hit max

Lets stop here a sec =), mana is a huge problem for the cinder class he basically needs to die...yes thats correct you will at
some point have to rely on death to replace the mana Arc is comsuming. Phoenix when its maxed will replace 100% of your
mana and hp (mana problem almost solved).

Space divider - This skill is pure player prefrence its a teleport, i liked to use it to get through dungeons fast and if you hold down the Arc skill just as you teleport you re apear with Arc in animation (looks cool as hell + effective)

Any other skills go into passives, Critic passives(buff), Mana passive, explosion dmg on arc helps.
As for Brilliant Aura .... no comment pffff lol ^^

really wish i could tell you how to spend the points but im still trying to figure out my self, im using 2h i prefer the dmg so
my build is a little more tricky considering i need a little bit of dex aswell =(.

EDIT
PS: we are talking about STR based cinder here right ?

« Last Edit: February 09, 2012, 03:13:53 am by scotland »

Offline luci

« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2012, 03:24:51 am »
Ty for the fast  and informative reply guys (storm + scotland)

My cinder is STR based using 1H +shield. I am aware that cinder would be hard to make but the fact that its a melee mage makes me want to play it anyway ><

scotland whats with the no comment on brilliant aura? i dont get it XD. I might consider 2H later on in the game but for now, my HP is going down really fast so i think it would be best if i stick with my shield

Once again ty for the replies :)

Offline storm

« Reply #4 on: February 09, 2012, 03:27:30 am »
Oh..strength. NO idea =) Disregard my above post please. Opening post clearly states blade, not wall...I shouldn't even type before 3rd cup of coffee.

Offline luci

« Reply #5 on: February 09, 2012, 03:30:46 am »
haha no worries storm ;D

• Global Moderator
  • No Lifer
« Reply #6 on: February 09, 2012, 03:39:18 am »
Brilliant Aura in the Europe version was garbage, in this version ... no comment (understand?) =)

The padawan will always become stronger than the master, thus the master has to keep things to himself. lol =p

Offline luci

« Reply #7 on: February 09, 2012, 03:49:08 am »
XD kk. Im going to remake my skills as soon as the server is back up. I forgot to tell you that i was researching in forum before i created a character and started reading your pyromancer posts hence you are kinda the reason i made a cinderblade :)

haha so ty scotland

• Global Moderator
  • No Lifer
« Reply #8 on: February 09, 2012, 04:29:26 am »
just stick to the basic arc + lava field at low level, maybe max out space divider for a bit of flare add some fun to the
gameplay, almost all of the other skills you wont need till your higher level (passives are ok try keep mana consumed low)

Offline luci

« Reply #9 on: February 09, 2012, 04:55:43 am »
ive been sticking to arc + lava field but im stuck at "lava cave" dungeon, the boss just wont die, but on the other hand i die too quickly :(

• Global Moderator
  • No Lifer
« Reply #10 on: February 09, 2012, 05:05:28 am »
it is possible to kite with arc it has ok range on it, lay down the LF  let him walk over it while you kite him easy =)

try get a 2h make sure its not a staff as the speed seems bugged the animation is no where near as fast as polearm.

i tested last night, 
Both white weapons.
staff 2h with only dmg stats nothing else - slow animation on arc.
pole arm 2h with only dmg stats nothing else - faster animation on arc.

Both say "slow atatck speed"  both had around the same dmg.. not that it would matter.

Offline luci

« Reply #11 on: February 09, 2012, 05:29:12 am »
Is the damage from burning arc significantly different from 1H+shield and 2H polearm??

i jst killed the boss haha, he had a skill to eat my mana that was annoying

• Global Moderator
  • No Lifer
« Reply #12 on: February 19, 2012, 11:52:34 am »
yes

Offline Reiko

• Not a Troll. Really.
    • DevART Gallery
« Reply #13 on: February 22, 2012, 02:49:07 am »
Is the damage from burning arc significantly different from 1H+shield and 2H polearm??

i jst killed the boss haha, he had a skill to eat my mana that was annoying

Probably Waterloo, right? He was annoying. Luckily I always bring at least 60 red and blue pots (reached 80 when I leveled to 50) just in case.

Offline Momentary

« Reply #14 on: March 01, 2012, 02:14:40 pm »
I just started a cinderblade. From the suggestions of other players I've been speccing 3 STR/ 2 DEX

I don't really know where else to go from here. Blazing blade(?) and Burning Arc seem pretty okay. Do I need anything else? Do all my skills come from cinderblade tree?