Author Topic: My problems - My fixes [Post Your Issues Here]  (Read 5365 times)

Offline Genostar10

• Don't..Stop..Me..NOW!
My problems - My fixes [Post Your Issues Here]
« on: February 10, 2012, 12:38:45 pm »
I have experience only some minor problems with Mythos thus far, but I've been lucky enough to fix them all.  I'll explain the one or two I've had here, and what I did to fix them.  Also, this thread is open to anyone else who is having problems.  I'll frequently check back here to see if I can help with your issues as well.  If you do happen to post about an issue you are having, make sure that you are as thorough and explicable as possible to help me help you to the best of my ability.

One problem I had was with the last patch.  I was not able to reach the character selection screen due to a random error.  I simply opened up my task manager, closed all processes associated with Mythos that lingered from past executions, and tried again.  That seemed to do the trick.

Another one was with the website.  The website seemed to have problems after the last patch and gave a 404 error.  I just emptied my cache and deleted all temporary Internet files and related history.  After that, the website loaded fine and has loaded fine since.

You'll also find that various bugs are caused by some processes lingering from past instances of the game.  Make sure to check your processes in your task manager and close all recurrent, related processes to ensure the game is starting a fresh instance every time you run it.

I hope this helps.  Feel free to post about any of your issues.  Before posting, however, I encourage you to take a looked at the stickied threads at the top of this sub-forum.  Read the ones that could relate to your problem thoroughly.  Some of them have a lot of helpful information and regard updating certain applications that may directly affect Mythos.  This could ultimately fix some problems from the get-go without the need to worry about whether or not someone will get back to your posts on the forum.

Make sure that if you do post about your problems that you post your OS version and any helpful system specs.  Be as thorough as possible with your issue and posts screenshots if possible. 

Hope everyone has the best of luck, and I wish you the best in game.  Happy gaming.

EDIT: I've left my Skype in my signature for a reason. (: Feel free to ask for help that way too.  Screen sharing is a wonderful tool to help me help you better and quicker.
« Last Edit: February 10, 2012, 07:43:07 pm by Genostar10 »
Mythos IGN(s): Geno, Genovi, Scottie, Shaniqua
--
LoL:        Hide And Go Seek

Offline AutyPasty

Re: My problems - My fixes
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2012, 01:00:41 pm »
it's the ghost of freddy mercury
I dearly love a pasty, a 'ot leaky one;

With mayt, turmit and taty, h'onyon and parsley in 'un
The crus' be made weth suet, shaped like 'alf a moon;

Crinkly h'edges, freshly baked 'e es alway gone too soon!

Offline Genostar10

• Don't..Stop..Me..NOW!
« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2012, 02:00:14 pm »
it's the ghost of freddy mercury

That's me.
--

Offline [Moderator] Illumi

• Administrator
  • HeavenSworD
« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2012, 04:20:14 pm »

Thanks Genostar10 for your helpful post  :)

HeavenSworD

Offline Genostar10

• Don't..Stop..Me..NOW!
« Reply #4 on: February 10, 2012, 06:22:27 pm »
You're very welcome.  I noticed you guys have your hands full.  I would go to each post and give help to everyone individually that way, but many have not posted enough supporting information regarding their issues so I can't help all too well.  If people post here and explained their issues thoroughly, I could probably help them troubleshoot them. 

I'm going to assume many people solved a lot of their issues already because I thought this thread was going to be filled with requests within hours of it being made.  I sure hope everyone is stable now. 

But my help is still available.  I've been checking this thread every so often.
--

Offline djlc1231

Re: My problems - My fixes [Post Your Issues Here]
« Reply #5 on: February 11, 2012, 12:51:59 am »
I was playing the game a few hours ago, I decided to have a break, I then go to "Game Start" the browers "Google Chrome"
minimizes then I get this pop-up in a foreign language so I don't know what it says and I can't highlight the text either. I have tried running IE and FF but still the same problem.

Offline [Moderator] Naoe

• Global Moderator
  • 愛の戦士
« Reply #6 on: February 11, 2012, 12:54:28 am »
Thanks for this! I'll add this to the FAQs: http://mythosforum.t3fun.com/index.php?topic=88.0

Please behave.

Thank you for your cooperation.

Offline Genostar10

• Don't..Stop..Me..NOW!
« Reply #7 on: February 11, 2012, 02:11:55 am »
I was playing the game a few hours ago, I decided to have a break, I then go to "Game Start" the browers "Google Chrome"
minimizes then I get this pop-up in a foreign language so I don't know what it says and I can't highlight the text either. I have tried running IE and FF but still the same problem.

It'd be extremely helpful if you could give me a screenshot of your screen when the error occurs.
--

Offline geor

« Reply #8 on: February 11, 2012, 02:03:07 pm »
i have a problem after I press the start, the game lunch just close...how can i fix it...

Offline Thorthedark

« Reply #9 on: February 11, 2012, 02:21:42 pm »
i have a problem after I press the start, the game lunch just close...how can i fix it...

I have this too. And I cant screenshot, it wont copy.

But I get a black screen and it just says "Mythos has stopped working" and then it closes.

So far none of the solutions have helped at all.

Offline geor

« Reply #10 on: February 11, 2012, 02:35:43 pm »
and before the lunch was close.. i saw the button of the window said something about the basic color was change....

Offline CounterExile

• IGN: Kuruma
« Reply #11 on: February 11, 2012, 06:08:11 pm »
and before the lunch was close.. i saw the button of the window said something about the basic color was change....

have you tried checking on the compatibility of your launcher to your OS? you could try that or this http://mythosforum.t3fun.com/index.php?topic=1716.msg4399;topicseen#msg4399
« Last Edit: February 11, 2012, 08:02:39 pm by CounterExile »
Raindrops keep fallin' on my head,

they keep fallin'

trolololol

Offline geor

« Reply #12 on: February 11, 2012, 07:48:06 pm »
how to campatibility of my luncher to my OS?

Offline CounterExile

• IGN: Kuruma
« Reply #13 on: February 11, 2012, 07:59:09 pm »
try to locate myth.exe in your mythos folder, e.g. My Computer > C:/ > T3Fun > Mythos > bin > Myth.exe
right click on Myth.exe and choose properties, there should be a tab there for compatibility, try those options out, whichever applies best for you OS
Raindrops keep fallin' on my head,

they keep fallin'

trolololol

Offline geor

« Reply #14 on: February 12, 2012, 10:17:04 am »
TY so much....after I change to run the lunch by window vista and add 256 color in properties..i can play the game now