Author Topic: Pvp skills  (Read 5655 times)

Offline nutzalmond

Pvp skills
« on: February 10, 2012, 06:59:17 pm »
Hi experience BLs,

Any suggestion for a good PVP build for BL at 50?
Thanks!

Offline [Moderator] Scotland

• Global Moderator
  • No Lifer
Re: Pvp skills
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2012, 09:49:56 am »
Im not a PvP player nor claim to be any good at it, but ill try help you out here.

Bloodlings Maxed
Blood rage Maxed
Crimson Mark (this is needed when fighting Gadgets or Pyros you dont want your minions attacking Collosus or baubles)

BladeBreaker (doesnt need maxed 2nd passive 1 point only)
StumpingWind, this is a passive for hammers it adds a proc for 22% stun and can be stacked ( hammers can have minion stats)
Adrenaline rush (doesnt need maxed)
Furious Focus Maxed

As for stats aim for Minion Equips with a lot of melee speed and of course Critical. If you stack enough melee speed
your blade breaker animation will look comical.

Hope this helps... any one else share another build ?

Offline Korro

« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2012, 07:30:31 am »
Don't think blood mark thingy works, i've succesfully used bauble against minions, it's not a problem. What you might want to try is going tanky (thick skin), maxing out the furious focus passives, getting razor aura and blood leech (the one that heals off of bleeds) to counter minions + a melee DPS skill of your choice, provided it isn't bugged, and on top of all this, get adrenalive rush. Then just chase ****, heal and one shot it. Fun.

Offline gosu1o8

« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2012, 07:32:46 pm »
hmm i wonder who uses that build sora seems bad seems like a carbon copy of someone i know's build SEEMS LIKE A CARBON COPY SORA! CARBON!

Offline Korro

« Reply #4 on: February 14, 2012, 08:14:46 pm »
I came up with it, nobody uses it

Offline AutyPasty

« Reply #5 on: February 15, 2012, 04:53:32 am »
 :o

Play nicely now children, we don't want to have to send you to the naughty step now do we :P
I dearly love a pasty, a 'ot leaky one;

With mayt, turmit and taty, h'onyon and parsley in 'un
The crus' be made weth suet, shaped like 'alf a moon;

Crinkly h'edges, freshly baked 'e es alway gone too soon!

Offline [Moderator] Scotland

• Global Moderator
  • No Lifer
« Reply #6 on: February 15, 2012, 01:18:15 pm »
Crimson mark does work have you ever read the tool tip ?
It says they wont listen if your to far away from them, it does not always work the first time you active the skill you
might need to push it a few time (while close to your minions) for them to actually stop attacking bauble or colossus.

If you cant play with minions then just dont use them then =/

PS :
you can actually kill your minions and spawn them again sheesh use your brains =) try asking for pvp in stonehill if you dont
lamento ..
« Last Edit: February 15, 2012, 01:20:12 pm by scotland »

Offline Korro

« Reply #7 on: February 15, 2012, 05:35:50 pm »
How close? I've seen the red mark on myself whilst the bauble, him, and his minions were within 16m (im using razor aura radius as a guide) of me, and he complained that crimson mark does not work. It might be that the bauble is a chanelled taunt, whilst mark is a one-off. Test it. It's not the first time either i've heard people complain about it not working, worked the same way in EU

Yeah but you stand still when you summon minions, and for 6 of them? Like, in lamento, coalsmasher is at his weakest when he stands literally for 6-7 seconds at the start, summoning wisps, he doesn't even need corpses for that, you'd have to be chasing some dead bodies. I just ran up to him and teslas took care of it. If he tried standing and summoning the rest, he'd just die

Lol me and a couple other people are like the only ones that ever queue for lamento XD
« Last Edit: February 15, 2012, 05:54:17 pm by Korro »

Offline gosu1o8

« Reply #8 on: February 16, 2012, 01:37:39 pm »
:o

Play nicely now children, we don't want to have to send you to the naughty step now do we :P

me and sora will never play nicely NEVER STUPID DOUBLE ULTIMATE NEWB ! THATS WHAT IR EALLY THINK OF YOU SORA YOUR NO BETTER THEN SGT HALFBRAINDEAD or SGT IMATANK! LOL

Offline Korro

« Reply #9 on: February 16, 2012, 02:05:05 pm »
you still mad you got baited?

tell me who's op, the person that can use 2 ultimates or the person that needs to be double ultimated to die and one shots anyway
« Last Edit: February 16, 2012, 02:09:20 pm by Korro »

Offline nutzalmond

« Reply #10 on: February 16, 2012, 06:35:33 pm »
thanks for the input,

anyone tested how StumpingWind?
Can it it stunlock ? or work with skill spamming?

How about the 65% stun from Flesh Rend?

Anyways thought that stun owns in pvp not sure about it here!

Offline Korro

« Reply #11 on: February 16, 2012, 07:07:02 pm »
All stuns in this game are converted into slows, as far as I know, gadget and BL could stunlock, which really isn't balanced at all

Offline nutzalmond

« Reply #12 on: February 20, 2012, 09:03:42 am »
All stuns in this game are converted into slows, as far as I know, gadget and BL could stunlock, which really isn't balanced at all

Just to clarify, so there is no stun in pvp for our version?

Offline [Moderator] Nemesis

• Global Moderator
  • Let the light disseminate to the center core...
« Reply #13 on: February 20, 2012, 12:37:50 pm »
I think stunlock in pvp is working here.. I've already encountered that..

Offline Korro

« Reply #14 on: February 20, 2012, 07:00:32 pm »
Higher levels can stunlock lower level opponents, but same level cannot. Rapid refire stun + death blow (the mace skill for bloodletters) both daze instead of stun. Personally, I've never been stunned by any skill in a duel / lamento which says in the tooltip that it 'stuns for X seconds'. Have you got details of opponent level, your level, skill used and situation?

There are different abilities, such as the tesla widgets and the photon cannons for gadgets that interrupt your current action and prevent you from moving sometimes, and sometimes they don't do anything but damage, which I find really inconsistent. Also, certain stuns that daze you will prevent you from casting spells - after being hit by death blow you start moving slower and cannot summon widgets, for example, your casting animation becomes really slow and you have to wait out the daze before doing anything else but moving. You might want to call those 'stuns' but they're not the same when you you just hold right click as a rapid refire marksman and the mob stays stunned forever (with 80% or so chance).
« Last Edit: February 20, 2012, 07:07:42 pm by Korro »