Author Topic: Spear + Shield Build (Need suggestions)  (Read 1556 times)

Offline ZkInPhamouZ

Spear + Shield Build (Need suggestions)
« on: February 22, 2012, 05:59:37 pm »
Hi all,

I been training with my Str BL + Red Hand build, it works wonder for me and it is really fun.
However, a random idea came to my head, Spear + Shield build.

So I start to pay attention to all the spear I find, all the spear 1H or 2H, they all require Dex, so I was thinking my build would be...

Spear&Shield Build:

3Str:2Dex
Martialist vs. Crimsonate (Debatable)

Conclusion:
I will keep 3Str:2Dex till Max level, then reset my stat to match up the highest Dex on my gear, the left over will all go in to Str. As for Skill Tree, I'm not sure which one to go for yet, matter of fact, I'm not even sure if one of these 2 is Tank and DPS.

So any suggestions will be much appreciated, also, please share your thought on this build, or perhaps you would think Spear&Shield works better with certain race? or different Class? Anything, anything constructive will be welcomed.

Thanks!

Offline dgsoop

Re: Spear + Shield Build (Need suggestions)
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2012, 06:55:34 pm »
A shield wont make you tank. this build is cool but you can't do that.
First on BL  you always need to take HP ( that's if you choose STR, DEXT or STR+ DEXT)
A shield will give you 30% block chance, i suggest you forget spear and shield, you take thick skin + pary skill on martialist to tank ( Also called Free-Baws-Shield-of-the-dead ) and you wear a polearm weap + crimsonate passive to deal.
Also if you really want to use a spear you should go 2dext/1str/2hp and use dexterity scalled on skill in the crimsonate tree.

If you have comments please let me know

dgsoop
« Last Edit: February 22, 2012, 07:00:03 pm by dgsoop »

Offline ZkInPhamouZ

« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2012, 11:14:20 pm »
I see, thanks for the reply!

I think I'm willing to give Spear + Shield a shot and see how it goes, so 2Dex + 2Vit + 1Str along with Crimsonate Skill tree? or a Hybrid of Martialist + Crimsonate?

Thanks!

Offline Korro

« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2012, 11:37:44 pm »
I see, thanks for the reply!

I think I'm willing to give Spear + Shield a shot and see how it goes, so 2Dex + 2Vit + 1Str along with Crimsonate Skill tree? or a Hybrid of Martialist + Crimsonate?

Thanks!

With 1 STR you won't be able to wear the highest tier STR gear, and as you level you'll find you won't be able to wear the STR gear that drops. When you're maxing out, treat it as if you can pick up 2 attributes. When I had maxed out my STR / VIT build I had 291 STR and 330 VIT - with 278 being the STR requirement for the max chest piece, and that was after hunting for the correct stats on gear for quite a long time and getting lucky with enchantment rolls. You can go ahead and try, see how it goes but I think that the simple maths will say that there just won't be enough points to wield the appropriate level spear, wear the same tier armor AND on top of that have spare points to increase your health pool. It's better to play to 2 strengths than have 3 weaker stats.

Offline dgsoop

« Reply #4 on: February 23, 2012, 03:23:50 am »
Well id specifiate the 2dext/1str/2hp build :

. With this you'll wear Dext gear
. Maybe you won't be able to wear chest armour but you can choose for a lower one then, i used to do it on hybrid chars.
. With skill tree you got a significant dext bonus
. the "1str" is here too improve melee dmg and you'll be able to wear some shields
. You won't have enough str to use a 30% block shield

Also there are some items wich didnt exist on eu version, a sort of polearm requiring Many dext and some str (called something like doublerifle but its not a rifle)
You'll be able to wear those and dude you gotta check this thing cuz it deals hard dmg ( you can use spear + shield SET 1 , doublerifle SET 2 )

sry for my english

dgsoop