Author Topic: This class  (Read 4654 times)

Offline le cows

• o hai
This class
« on: November 26, 2011, 07:13:23 pm »
hello when the game releases (cbt or not) i think i will choose this  class anyone know anything about it? if so please reply below :)

im the fanciest cow of all XD

Offline kaos555

• How are you today?
Re: This class
« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2011, 08:49:03 pm »
hello when the game releases (cbt or not) i think i will choose this  class anyone know anything about it? if so please reply below :)
k so pyromancer = fire

Offline [Moderator] Scotland

• Global Moderator
  • No Lifer
« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2011, 10:22:20 am »
Pyro is the most fun class out of all of them, well it was before Cinder wall got nerfed about 60%  there is an alternative skill Tree to pyro that allows the caster to Wield STR items and armour, Cinder Blade this class Tree does as far as i know the most dmg in the game.
On my toon i was wielding 2h weap as the dmg was far superior to 1h with shield.

Burning Arc  ( melee attack does dmg via str with added fire dmg)
Lava field (adds weakness to fire meaning burning arc is x3 stronger)
Thermal screen (absorbs DMG proportion to your HP)
Phoenix (revives you after death if maxed full hp and mana are re gained)
Burning Focus (critical chance)
charging Focus ( each critical you make adds a buff for dmg multiplier)
Flame conversion ( adds more STR)
Veng flames (when your hp drops below certain point you do even more DMG+atkspeed + movement speed)
Space divider ( Teleport, its either this or Veng flames teleport helps loads in pvp i chose teleport )
Burning Collosus ( pet who tanks but mainly gets ignored by relics other bosses still hit him)
Fiery Weapon (adds more fire dmg to melee attacks)

Its now impossible to take this exact skill set due to the tier tree changes but there is work arounds, if you have time to try them out (maybe with level 60 cap it will be a lot easyer).

Out of all the classes  Cinder Blade STR pyro is the hardest to create, as the skills Arc has huge mana consumption(phoenix helps).
Trying to balance 3 stats is very hard.
You need enough HP to be able to take on bosses, loads of mana and then there is STR = dmg.
so you can imagine how hard it is to balance all of these stats and still be able to have end game playability
Life draw % helps loads but you need to do Rep quests to get the best gear.
If used correctly Cinder is the best class in the game, i had loads of fun PvE and PvP, i would not really recommend this to 1st time players unless your wanting a challenge.

The other pyro skills are very easy to use and play with, stat points spent are  basically Pure wisdom with no points spent in HP or Dex, pure simple effective caster.

If you want info on caster im sure i can add some pointers =)
« Last Edit: February 05, 2012, 04:54:13 am by scotland »

Offline 1hr

• All in good time.
« Reply #3 on: November 27, 2011, 05:01:28 pm »
Is fire the only type of magic this class can use? Is there any other class that can use magic?

• Global Moderator
  • No Lifer
« Reply #4 on: November 27, 2011, 05:10:45 pm »
Well Blood letters can use wis=dmg skills and so can Gadgets

The gadget Pure wisdom build relies on grenades to do his/her dirty work and its very OP with Huge Area.
The Blood letter wisdom build tosses Flasks that have similar tick dmg to the grenades but the area is not so great he can toss 4 flasks at one time tho.

But the answer would be no the pyro relies mainly on Fire dmg, but i never got bored of it not once.
The gadget can utilize Elec dmg depending on what skills you choose.

Offline 1hr

• All in good time.
« Reply #5 on: November 27, 2011, 06:49:39 pm »
 :'( That saddens me. I really hope they make another magic class in the future. So many games with fire mages QQ
« Last Edit: November 27, 2011, 07:59:39 pm by 1hr »

• Global Moderator
  • No Lifer
« Reply #6 on: November 27, 2011, 07:39:45 pm »
you can always try the hard route and go an STR pyro =p but no really pyro caster on mythos is loads of fun. and if you dont enjoy it im sure you will find something you like =)

Offline le cows

• o hai
« Reply #7 on: November 27, 2011, 07:59:01 pm »
thanks abunch! hope to see you guys ingame

im the fanciest cow of all XD

Offline Reiko

• Not a Troll. Really.
    • DevART Gallery
« Reply #8 on: November 27, 2011, 10:20:11 pm »
I remember only using the Coalsmasher type and maxing out the Wisps and 1 point in Colossus. All I ever had to do in dungeons was pick up loot.  :P

• Global Moderator
  • No Lifer
« Reply #9 on: November 27, 2011, 11:13:59 pm »
Ahh the days of 1 skill point in golem, they nerfed him btw =p can no longer use 1 skill point at end game =(

Offline Reiko

• Not a Troll. Really.
    • DevART Gallery
« Reply #10 on: November 27, 2011, 11:50:15 pm »
I'm interested on that Cinderblade thing by the way. Mage class that's built for meelee?
What about your survivability? You're still technically a mage after all.
Is it feasible since you're gonna use heavy armor?

• Global Moderator
  • No Lifer
« Reply #11 on: November 28, 2011, 01:01:08 pm »
ok here is where it gets interesting,  because trying to make a cinder for end game with survivability is an extremely long hard path.
You will need to do loads of reputation quests to receive Armour that has Life Draw % and mana.

You will basically be relying on Phoenix and Thermal screen to survive.  Casting Lava field is a bit of a pain in the ass, but its defo needed to add x3 dmg, Lava field has a passive that shoots meteors from the sky but its not needed as the skill Lava field on its own adds the "weakness to fire".
You will not be able to Tank properly unless you focus on this char for a few months to get all your gear and have him at at least a 90% build. You will how ever be able to do a sort of hit and run, Casting LF then making your assault with burning Arc. There was a few times i didnt Die and tank relic 100%.
Timing your phoenix skill is a little hard as you dont want to use it to early as it has a massive Cool down(revives player 100% hp mana). Thermal screen will absorb % of dmg based on your HP CD aint to bad.
You really need time to think in game about what stats to spend to achiev max possibility for your char.
1. Burning arc use massive mana
2.Thermal screen needs a good amount of HP for the % of absorb to be high.
3.You need high amount of STR for max damage output.

I never got my Cinder to 100% build he was at around 40% maybe i cant really give you advice on the amount of attributes to spend, its all trial and error atm but i look forward to some one giving me advice on attributes or maybe even trying again as it is a chalange.

Hardly any one used a cinder blade  i never even saw one person over lvl 50 with decent cinder character except me ofc =).

Offline Raziel

« Reply #12 on: November 30, 2011, 04:37:21 am »
What damage are we talking about melee pyro?
hard to decide should i go spell caster or melee
With skill gems i can go up to 53k dmg critical per tick with flaming fist

• Global Moderator
  • No Lifer
« Reply #13 on: November 30, 2011, 09:53:10 am »
well im not going to give away the max dmg out put that is possible but its more than flame fist. one russian guy hit 65k+ but he was not 100% kajj made a very good calculation and told me the dmg that could be achieved its scary.

Offline Reiko

• Not a Troll. Really.
    • DevART Gallery
« Reply #14 on: December 01, 2011, 05:17:13 am »
I'm currently trying this build out. It kinda feels weird at the start being in Mage clothes and a staff, then you meelee mobs to death.  :P