Author Topic: [FIXED] Unfixable mem error. Win 7 x64 HELP!!  (Read 2263 times)

Offline Estrogen

[FIXED] Unfixable mem error. Win 7 x64 HELP!!
« on: March 12, 2012, 02:12:33 am »
Before anyone says to try deleting and restoring files, or renaming update txt, have been trying the last 3 hours. It doesn't work.

I have been getting this error after many fresh reinstalls. I even downloaded the game again incase of corrupt files.

The game was working great, I brought p/c back from lan party and now I keep getting these memory errors, much like the ones posted here : http://mythosforum.t3fun.com/index.php?topic=88.0

6. For error “The instruction at 0x007407 cb referenced memory at 0x00000200. The memory could not be read” or something similar:  (found here)   
     a.   Delete update folder, file version, stringmsg folder, d3dx9_34.dll
     b.   Run launcher once and it will fail.
     c.      Restore all files and run launcher again so that it will update.
          i.   You can also rename the “UpdateInfo” file in the bin folder. It will then download and apply updates again.

Again, I am running, win7 home pre, 64x. I have changed the compatibility to be win xp sp3, and also have made sure to use the 32x ie to launch game.

Anyone have any fixes? please? i need my fix. i know some other people are having this issue also.

P.S. it's not the memory, just ran memcheck.  :D

Thanks!!!!
« Last Edit: March 12, 2012, 02:55:25 am by Estrogen »

Offline Estrogen

Re: Unfixable mem error. Win 7 x64 HELP!!
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2012, 02:47:05 am »
Alright, finally got the game to work,

I uninstalled the game and deleted the t3fun folder.

I deleted BOTH t3fun folders. There's one in install directory, as well as the one in your local documents (i was not aware of this- duh).

The local directory has your logs, settings as well as minidump files for errors when the game crashes and such. ****This folder is NOT deleted when you uninstall the game.****

For me it must have been a local setting that was saved in that folder, that was causing game crashes.

So hope it helps anyone else having a similar issue.

Again, i am unsure if it was a fresh install after deleting the folders, or if just deleting the folder will work.

Goodluck.

Offline Estrogen

« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2012, 02:50:19 am »
Just wanted to add-
This also worked for my lan buddy. He deleted just the local folder and now we're grinding away :).

Offline [Moderator] Deception

• Global Moderator
  • Blessed are the meek
« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2012, 02:57:27 am »
Hi!

Thank you for the informative post and for informing everyone in the forums of the resolution that worked for you. :)

Enjoy playing :)