In this small guide im going to explain my method of gaining socket Drills, there is other methods like sending all the items
to an alt to cube for later but i find this tedious and boring, so here goes.
Having Extra Bag space is a Huge bonus and a Must for this method of farming Socket Drills.Step one
- Go into your favourite Dungeon where you like to farm and complete one dungeon run looting all items, Break down
or sell the yellow and purple items to the vender and keep the legendry items in your inventory. Step two
- Reset the Dungeon and go back inside Drop all the legendary items on the ground on the 1st floor as shown below.Step three
- After you have dropped all your legendary items continue through the dungeon and
begin to loot the mobs again breaking down any yellow items for the crests.Step four
- When you have completed the dungeon use your anchor stone and go back to the 1st floor and begin to pick up the items that you dropped earlyer.Step five
- Start cubing the items three of the same type ie x3 swords or x3 gloves, it does not matter if the gloves all have diffrent attribute Requirments and the picture or name does not need to match.If you are succesfull you will earn your self an Extra socket Driller, this will Enable you to add an extra socket to your chosen Equipment.
All Gear can get extra sockets I have been told the Max is 4 on any givem Item.
The Drill will not apear in your cube but instead it will get added to your inventory
To actually add an extra Socket you need to right click on the Drill then click on your chosen item, this wiill NOT add the
Extra socket straight away after you have added the socket drill to your item you still need to take your equipment to
Heaven Island and actually Add the socket.BE WARNED
~~~~ Adding the Drill will NOT destroy or damage your gear but adding the socket on heaven island will.
Make sure you use MPA (minor protection aid) if you attempt to add a 3rd socket or 4th.
I have attempted to add a 4th socket to a trinket, and I find that the chance of adding the socket after the drill is very very low.
To be Exact I used over 30 MPA's while attempting to add a 4th socket on heaven island, and failed every time.
Its not to hard to get 3 sockets but like I said 4 sockets is a pain in the butt.
As you can see Below My Socket Limit is 4 because I added Two drills to the necklace, but ive only hadd success on adding 3 sockets.
Good Luck and I hope this Sheds some light on how to gain and have success on adding extra sockets.
PS: I have for the pure testing phase of it tried to add a 3rd socket after the drill with no MPA, my item was destroyed
Five times in a Row, so like i said BE WARNED use MPA do not risk it.