Author Topic: Extra Socket Drill Guide  (Read 3889 times)

Offline [Moderator] Scotland

• Global Moderator
  • No Lifer
Extra Socket Drill Guide
« on: March 12, 2012, 10:47:25 am »
In this small guide im going to explain my method of gaining socket Drills, there is other methods like sending all the items
to an alt to cube for later but i find this tedious and boring, so here goes.

Having Extra Bag space is a Huge bonus and a Must for this method of farming Socket Drills.
Step one - Go into your favourite Dungeon where you like to farm and complete one dungeon run looting all items, Break down
or sell the yellow and purple items to the vender and keep the legendry items in your inventory.

Step two - Reset the Dungeon and go back inside Drop all the legendary items on the ground on the 1st floor as shown below.

Step three - After you have dropped all your legendary items continue through the dungeon and
begin to loot the mobs again breaking down any yellow items for the crests.

Step four - When you have completed the dungeon use your anchor stone and go back to the 1st floor and begin to pick up the items that you dropped earlyer.

Step five - Start cubing the items three of the same type ie x3 swords or x3 gloves, it does not matter if the gloves all have diffrent attribute Requirments and the picture or name does not need to match.

If you are succesfull you will earn your self an Extra socket Driller, this will Enable you to add an extra socket to your chosen Equipment. 
All Gear can get extra sockets I have been told the Max is 4 on any givem Item.
The Drill will not apear in your cube but instead it will get added to your inventory

To actually add an extra Socket you need to right click on the Drill then click on your chosen item, this wiill NOT add the
Extra socket straight away after you have added the socket drill to your item you still need to take your equipment to
Heaven Island and actually Add the socket.

BE WARNED ~~~~ Adding the Drill will NOT destroy or damage your gear but adding the socket on heaven island will.
Make sure you use MPA (minor protection aid) if you attempt to add a 3rd socket or 4th.
I have attempted to add a 4th socket to a trinket, and I find that the chance of adding the socket after the drill is very very low.
To be Exact I used over 30 MPA's while attempting to add a 4th socket on heaven island, and failed every time.
Its not to hard to get 3 sockets but like I said 4 sockets is a pain in the butt.

As you can see Below My Socket Limit is 4 because I added Two drills to the necklace, but ive only hadd success on adding 3 sockets.

Good Luck and I hope this Sheds some light on how to gain and have success on adding extra sockets.
PS: I have for the pure testing phase of it tried to add a 3rd socket after the drill with no MPA, my item was destroyed
Five times in a Row, so like i said BE WARNED use MPA do not risk it.

« Last Edit: March 13, 2012, 11:19:36 am by scotland »

Offline Bunnz

Re: Extra Socket Drill Guide
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2012, 11:13:26 am »
Very useful guide, thank you :) !
(Btw, step 2 and 3 are just added to be able to gather more legendary items that can be combinated despite the limited inventory space, right?)

Offline [Moderator] Lancaster

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2012, 11:19:09 am »
A very informative post scotland!  thank you. :) extra sockets for everyone!

• Global Moderator
  • No Lifer
« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2012, 11:29:42 am »
sorry but my inventory space is not limited, Im used to paying monthly Fees for MMOS so i dont mind paying these guys every
once in a while for extra inventory space. To Save space you should add your Cube to a bag that is about to Expire you will
still be able to use it after you bag is expired.
If your unfortunate enough not to have extra bags then im afraid you are going to be limited on space and will Defo need to
use the Mail an Alt Method.

Offline Bunnz

« Reply #4 on: March 12, 2012, 11:44:19 am »
Maybe i am a lil blind - but what's the sense of step 2 and 3 if it is not about having free slots for the dungeon run? Even if you purchase inventory slots - in the end they are limited too  ;). Anyway, thx again for the guide!

Offline Decibelriot

« Reply #5 on: March 12, 2012, 12:22:48 pm »
Even if you do have extra inventory bags, you still will not always find 3 stuff to cube. So you throw them on first dungeon and increase the probability of cubing :3. Without this method you would most likely ended up selling oranges when you could just cubed them in next run.

• Global Moderator
  • No Lifer
« Reply #6 on: March 12, 2012, 02:49:50 pm »
Even if you do have extra inventory bags, you still will not always find 3 stuff to cube. So you throw them on first dungeon and increase the probability of cubing :3. Without this method you would most likely ended up selling oranges when you could just cubed them in next run.

wow you took the words that would have came out of my mouth =p bunnz is just being awkward right ? and i actually did say
that extra bags are a must have after your first remark. The whole point of this guide was to show "my method" i did not say
it would be suited to every one (especially bums with no bags) any way thanks for your comments again :D
« Last Edit: March 12, 2012, 02:53:54 pm by scotland »

Offline clive

« Reply #7 on: March 12, 2012, 10:38:01 pm »
Wow thanks a lot! Nice guide! I'll most likely do this when I hit level cap. Anyway, you said that adding the third socket also risks destroying the item. How about if I only have one socket and I want to add a second? Is the chance of failure still high?

And about placing the Mystic Cube in an expiring bag, is that a bug that we are just exploiting and there's a risk that once they'll fix it, we won't be able to use it unless we buy another bag? Or is it really how it's supposed to be?

Sorry for having lots of questions. XD

Offline Bunnz

« Reply #8 on: March 12, 2012, 11:21:15 pm »
awkward bum with bags  :) ; didn't notice u had edited ur post before  :'( , my bad - and about the the mystic cube in the no longer active bag - i don't know if it means using some kind of glitch to keep it in that slot, i've just always been afraid of loosing the cube with any upcoming patch and not being able to get it again  :o, so i never left it in a non-active slot...

Offline nalufei

• Hardcore Gamer
« Reply #9 on: March 13, 2012, 05:25:26 am »
nice idea, again ^^
thanks

• Global Moderator
  • No Lifer
« Reply #10 on: March 13, 2012, 09:52:16 am »
nah its not exploit or bug that I new about before hand my cube was simply in a bag that expired, I right clicked on
it and it still worked (id charms work to). I dont actually look at this as a bug or exploit if they erm cough cough fix this then you will be the first to know after all we are supposed to be testing stuff.

Adding a second socket to a ring has the same chance to fail as a necklace with two sockets. I never use an MPA on 2nd socket unless the trinket is worth something, although 30% success is pretty low but the chance to destroy is not so great. You should not get an item destroyed 5 times in a row from adding two sockets if you do then your just very unlucky, it is clearly possible tho =).
« Last Edit: March 13, 2012, 11:18:14 am by scotland »