Author Topic: Flame Caster build help  (Read 1811 times)

Offline lostny76

Flame Caster build help
« on: March 16, 2012, 01:25:13 am »
I have already found a lot of information on coalsmasher builds. At the moment I was just looking for flame caster build help. If anyone could help me out that would be great.

Thank You

Offline lostny76

Re: Flame Caster build help
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2012, 01:47:08 pm »
Are there so few people playing this game that no one has a reply.

Offline Raziel

« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2012, 01:48:27 pm »
Havent never played pure flamecaster so cant help much in that
Flaming fist and space divider is only good skill in that tree
Infinite wisdom also good if you are pure wisdom build

Offline [Moderator] Scotland

• Global Moderator
  • No Lifer
« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2012, 05:35:52 pm »
raz is correct that tree isnt worth much on its own you need to mix it up with other tree's if you want to use.
Because flame fist is such a close casting skill you need a little bit more protection that any other caster so this is what
I would select as my build no doubt.

Max Flame Fist
Infinite wisdom
Max Thermal Screen
Phoenix
Space Divider
Vengeance + other passive 4got name (maybe doesnt need maxed)
Blind flash*
Brilliant Aura
Lava Field*

That is a lot of skills and points to spread out, so I would do some tests play around see what combinations work best in
pvp and pve. *If I was not going to take any skill here it might be Blind flash and instead Max out the passive for Lava field but  Ive never attempted this build my self only seen other people use it. As for the Vengeance passives those will make
your DMG higher  and Tick faster when active It might be ok to max that or what I norm do is just for the extra little boost make it 1/1.

Flame caster Hybrid will no doubt benefit a lot more when the lvl cap is 60 just dont go pure flame cast what ever you decide its not really good choice =P. So like I was saying at the top using the skill flame fist requires you to get a little closer
than any other pyro should be so you might want to stack some HP on gears im not sure if I would spend in Vit attribute
and instead get HP on gear and stack opals. If you manage to reach 30k HP with a pure Wisdom character thats 60KHP
when phoenix is active + thermal Screen then im sure you will be tuff to beat. I tested out Flame fist  and without the
veng buff I managed to hit 8k Crit dmg tick, it is twice as strong as cinderwall.

PS: movement speed = win.
« Last Edit: March 20, 2012, 05:40:44 pm by scotland »

Offline lostny76

« Reply #4 on: March 21, 2012, 04:59:57 am »
Ty very much for the tips guys. I think I will just stick to Coalsmasher for now.

Also a special thanks to Scotland for taking the time for that long write up.

Offline [Moderator] Scotland

• Global Moderator
  • No Lifer
« Reply #5 on: March 22, 2012, 07:44:49 am »
dont just stick with one Tree on pyro its epic fail. If your going to choose coal smasher you will need to choose skills from other
Tree's. Can I ask what your looking to get out of your build PvP or PvE (or both).

Offline lostny76

« Reply #6 on: March 30, 2012, 09:22:15 am »
pve build