Author Topic: BL Wisdom Red Hand Build  (Read 2152 times)

Offline Aesza

BL Wisdom Red Hand Build
« on: March 21, 2012, 07:51:03 pm »
Is this build still viable as of today? If so, I would love more insight on this build.

To all BLs, would say this is the most "fun" damaging build for the class? Seems like this build can annihilate a mass of mobs to extinction. Honestly, I like killing things fast and in groups, rather than doing the killing 1v1 slowly.

Also seems as though this build would do fairly well out of all builds in end game relic runs. The entire idea of 1h and shield makes me... eh :-\. I don't know what's going on with dual wield anymore, seems to me half broken or not as fun?...

Thank you for all the help, much appreciated.
« Last Edit: March 21, 2012, 08:31:56 pm by Aesza »

Offline [Moderator] Scotland

• Global Moderator
  • No Lifer
Re: BL Wisdom Red Hand Build
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2012, 09:13:25 pm »
I tested out two 1hs thinking the base dmg would stack, I mean there would have to be some kind
of benefit from wielding that set up and smelting both weaps, or the 1h with shield for block option.
Clearly it does not work like that lol kinda sucks.

There is a couple routes to take as wisdom BL you can either rock out full wisdom and work on
crit chance, critical bonus and equip very high +wis stats on all gears to get the most dmg from
the wisdom = dmg skills

Martial Tree Tier 30 for wisdom bonus only (no skills)
Red mist Max
Blood command Max
Furious Focus Max
Blood might Max (increase dmg)
any other skill is prefrence, one of other routes is no martial tree take bloodlings and blood rage
along with the  skills above. Taking bloodlings is prob beter option if you want to clear fast along
with Minion stat gear that has Max Life or +Vit and +wisdom.
« Last Edit: March 21, 2012, 09:15:41 pm by scotland »

Offline Aesza

« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2012, 12:45:28 am »
Never heard of Wisdom Martial before, please explain more. And if I do decide to go with minions, should I invest into imps and knights too, or just bloodlings? Depending on which build, how should I allocate my attribute points, or what ratio to keep up. Which weapons are best suited for that build?

Can you list the pros and cons, or differences and benefits between the two minion builds strength and wisdom?

Thanks for all the helpful responses scotland, you are always there for back up. You deserve some sort of unique forum title.
« Last Edit: March 22, 2012, 03:04:14 am by Aesza »

• Global Moderator
  • No Lifer
« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2012, 06:21:54 am »
martial is only to gain the wisdom bonus from spending in the tier tree, if you hover your mouse
over the + sign on the tier tree you will see the bonus stats that you get for spending in that tree.
Not really that much fun going wisdom dmg with no minions, although you can take blood knights with this build and no minions.

Im not going to go through all the pros and cons I feel thats a journey you should embark on your self, how ever I will say that the Cons of wisdom build is basically PvP. Dont expect to be winning
every fight with wisdom build as your most powerfull skill "blood command" requires bodys and there is hardly ever any around when you need them most in PvP.
And the Cons with STR Sleet build is 500 mana potions in a relic dungeon. I hope this helps you and good luck with your choices.

Offline Decibelriot

« Reply #4 on: March 22, 2012, 08:25:57 am »
I tested out two 1hs thinking the base dmg would stack, I mean there would have to be some kind
of benefit from wielding that set up and smelting both weaps, or the 1h with shield for block option.

I loled. Oh wait i still am... HAHAHA..
*Khem* It was like that even in Diablo games where dual wielding didn' t climb up to player expectations where the damage dealt would stack together, but of course it didn't - The main reason behind this is to not make 2h useless. You see the 2handers are usually for high damage output while dualing weilding offers smaller range of randomized base dmg AND ALSO provides you with additional weapon based randomized stats.

Example. 2h = 100 - 400 Damage AND 1h = 100 - 200 damage. While dual weilding it offers more Socket slots for weapons and more stats that could probably also have base damage increases. [from crafting the highest was 64 i believe for both 2h and 1h]

And also there is one more thing... if you dual weild 1 strong and weaker weapon the dmg dealt wouldn't be arithmetically divided, but you will deal different dmg amounts from each hand [Hands take turns when hitting with weapon]

• Global Moderator
  • No Lifer
« Reply #5 on: March 22, 2012, 09:03:09 am »
you laughed at what I said then basically said the exact same thing as me other than the testing part, I dont get you some times.

Offline Decibelriot

« Reply #6 on: March 22, 2012, 01:37:05 pm »

I mean there would have to be some kind of benefit from wielding that set up and smelting both weaps, or the 1h with shield for block option.  *confusion - question*
Clearly it does not work like that lol kinda sucks.  *dissapoint*    *Missing answer* -> *write answer* 
you laughed at what I said then basically said the exact same thing as me other than the testing part, I dont get you some times.

~~~Ivy is confused...

Offline Aesza

« Reply #7 on: March 22, 2012, 01:47:19 pm »
Alright, sounds good. I will not be looking forward to any PvP at this time, just PvE.

What would be my most important stat to least? I'm certain it's minion stats first, minion dmg > life > armor. What if it's dual minion stats?

What to look for in my gear, max life > vit > wisdom, or is it the other way around? I also heard spell dmg was broken. Will I still be looking forward to melee dmg bonus or just ranged?

• Global Moderator
  • No Lifer
« Reply #8 on: March 22, 2012, 02:17:25 pm »
it seems you already know what gear you need to look out for =P, as for the +2 minion stat gear I never take defense over
minion hp or dmg but if you mean what would you take over these

minion dmg
minion def

minion hp
minion def

Then I would just look at the other stats on both gears size them up and equip the one best suited to me.
Which would no doubt be the one with most vit or max life.

Offline Aesza

« Reply #9 on: March 22, 2012, 02:29:27 pm »

There is a couple routes to take as wisdom BL you can either rock out full wisdom and work on
crit chance, critical bonus and equip very high +wis stats on all gears to get the most dmg from
the wisdom = dmg skills

Martial Tree Tier 30 for wisdom bonus only (no skills)
Red mist Max
Blood command Max
Furious Focus Max
Blood might Max (increase dmg)
any other skill is prefrence, one of other routes is no martial tree take bloodlings and blood rage
along with the  skills above. Taking bloodlings is prob beter option if you want to clear fast along
with Minion stat gear that has Max Life or +Vit and +wisdom.

Scotland, why would I want to take Furious Focus? It increases melee attack dmg bonus, which doesn't make the slightest sense?

Offline Raziel

« Reply #10 on: March 22, 2012, 03:22:23 pm »
Its for damage increase in blood command and red mist

• Global Moderator
  • No Lifer
« Reply #11 on: March 22, 2012, 03:25:05 pm »
sorry if my experience does not make sense, but your question has been answered it will increase dmg to Red mist and Blood command =P

Offline Aesza

« Reply #12 on: March 22, 2012, 09:28:47 pm »
All in all, is it advised that I invest max points into both of the Bloodlings passives?... Again, I apologize if I'm asking for too much. I'm 42 now, and it's too late to be doing the testing around. I'm going to have to throw money in the air for that to happen lol. I guess all I'm asking for is which skills I should be investing in, or what is very much advised/useful for Relics. Relics is going to be my end game goal.

Edit: I did not know that I am able to still reset skills after upon reaching lv 40, just with a cost.
« Last Edit: March 23, 2012, 01:41:26 pm by Aesza »