Author Topic: Any tips for building a Gadgeteer?  (Read 9013 times)

Offline kiara

Re: Any tips for building a Gadgeteer?
« Reply #15 on: December 02, 2011, 04:55:14 am »
if lvl cap is 60, and tiers are separated then forget about wisdom gadgeteer it's nowhere near effective now as it was before.

marksman tier gives wisdom bonus, grenadier str and tinkerer vitality . bonuses are lower now than before .  so if anyone is planing on running around trowing grenader with 42% wisdom bonus , think again 'cos u need to max marksman tier, and u'll get around 20-21% bonus , not sure .

if cap here isn't 60 yet, then it's like guys above said it , everythin depends on version of the game.

Offline clive

« Reply #16 on: December 02, 2011, 08:38:56 pm »
I'm trying a unique build. It's a pure wisdom Tinker build. My weapon would be staff or wand instead of guns. Is this build viable?

Cronik

« Reply #17 on: December 03, 2011, 04:55:33 am »
I'm trying a unique build. It's a pure wisdom Tinker build. My weapon would be staff or wand instead of guns. Is this build viable?

Should be. Don't forget to use skills that scale with wisdon though  :P [nox nades]

From what I've read so far, teslas are still nerfed out of existence :( [they may look good, but are hopless later in the game]

Offline Highland

« Reply #18 on: December 03, 2011, 11:41:24 am »
dont wield staff wield two 1h wands,

Offline clive

« Reply #19 on: December 05, 2011, 04:33:15 am »
May I know then what skills are affected by wisdom?

Are all Tinker skills wisdom dependent and not dex? Like the widgets, the walking traps, and the stationary poles? I forgot the name of the walking trap and the poles that release electricity and fire. Haha.

Offline [Moderator] Scotland

• Global Moderator
  • No Lifer
« Reply #20 on: December 06, 2011, 03:44:34 pm »
Nox grenade and Flames Trap also the boom zippers but there AI is so retarded i would avoid the boomzippers.

NoX + Flames Trap + bauble (with silence passives)
Optional skills with remaining skill points or spend on the Tier Tree for a wisdom bonus.

Cronik

« Reply #21 on: December 07, 2011, 03:26:45 am »
spend on the Tier Tree for a wisdom bonus.

Take noete of Kiara's comment above !

• Global Moderator
  • No Lifer
« Reply #22 on: December 07, 2011, 08:11:56 am »
ahh note taken very useful information thanks, both.

Offline VinalG4ce

« Reply #23 on: December 07, 2011, 11:19:55 pm »
I'm not smart in this but I did a few steps to make my own build. After all, I've only been to level 10.

Stat build:

Like everyone has seen the most obvious of all. All stats goes to DEX.

Skills:
Marksman- I chose one one elemental skill, not as accurate but progressively effective Explosive Shot. Which does 7% bonus damage and does fire spread AOE damage after a few upgrades.
There are other skills but I am not much interested in it which is the Electric shot and "shot with noise damage". The noise shot is the most effective one, does 50% bonus damage but it has the least upgrades. Though I should add some points in it next time.

Grenadier- I chose flash bang. Which decreases the hit rate of enemies. I have not put to poison but It is a good idea to put some in them.

Tinketer- I chose Tesla Widget. It has the shortest lifespan but does the most damage. Moves around with you unlike the other Turrets.

Offline kaito2109

• DetectiveD
« Reply #24 on: December 08, 2011, 12:40:54 am »

I tried the pure marksman build and it's quite handy and easy.

I guess I'll have to stick with that build.

Pure RR and PB all max passives.  :)

And hope that stun will take in effect every time when dealin' with boss hahaha  ;D (fingers crossed)  ::)

Mada mada dane

• Global Moderator
  • No Lifer
« Reply #25 on: December 09, 2011, 11:44:46 am »
every thing is easy untill slutter boss, you wont know if your build is any use till you get to him around lvl 40. Hes lvl 45 boss depending on your lvl.
Some class will have no prob and claim he was easy this is only coz of OP simplistic skill choices, if you get to slutter and you kill him 1st time then your doing something right.

But for goodness sake =) dont think your owning at the start of the game coz you 1 hit every mob with a few hits on a boss =D.

Cronik

« Reply #26 on: December 09, 2011, 01:32:57 pm »
every thing is easy untill slutter boss, you wont know if your build is any use till you get to him around lvl 40. Hes lvl 45 boss depending on your lvl.
Some class will have no prob and claim he was easy this is only coz of OP simplistic skill choices, if you get to slutter and you kill him 1st time then your doing something right.

But for goodness sake =) dont think your owning at the start of the game coz you 1 hit every mob with a few hits on a boss =D.

If your marksman build is robust enough, even Slutter should be easy :P