Author Topic: Grenadier build, is it still viable in this version?  (Read 1711 times)

Offline CatchThis

Grenadier build, is it still viable in this version?
« on: April 02, 2012, 03:09:10 pm »
i used to play on the eu version before it shut down,reached lvl 50 fairly fast and then got bored,but i started playing again now.

K, so im thinking of spamming latchbomb, i know thats still a solid skill to use,but i dont know how effective bauble trap is anymore,when i played it was bugged so it only needed 1 point,with more points in it it kinda uses too much mana and its only good in pve so im thinking of not using it at all since i wont be needing it untill im high level but then flametrap would be more difficult to use.

also i dunno if latchbomb damage is affected by the suppression widget debuff
I never used Noxious grenade cause it used too much mana and its dmg was lower :P

So please share your thoughts on the matter :P

i basically wanna make it again just to say : Catch a grenade for me! Run in front of a flame for me,yah yah:D
edit:****! just found out latchbomb was nerfed! but nerfed how? in damage or in range? god dang it,my eyes popped like i was trying really hard to take a dump wile saying Fuuu...2 min later..uuuuck! im probably breaking the rules with my first post! GJ for me ,yay!
« Last Edit: April 02, 2012, 04:03:20 pm by CatchThis »

Offline AutyPasty

Re: Grenadier build, is it still viable in this version?
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2012, 04:10:44 pm »
well, Bauble has been nerfed to hell, not really of any use even when maxed in all three tiers :/
I dearly love a pasty, a 'ot leaky one;

With mayt, turmit and taty, h'onyon and parsley in 'un
The crus' be made weth suet, shaped like 'alf a moon;

Crinkly h'edges, freshly baked 'e es alway gone too soon!

Offline StephTheGadget

• I didn't do it deliberately.
« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2012, 04:22:44 pm »
If you want to make Grenadier viable, you got to go full wisdom.
That being the case, the mana cost for nox nade shouldn't really be a problem.
Hell there were some wiz gadgets on EU with more wisdom than pyros :)

He that cannot reason is a fool.
He that will not is a bigot.
He that dare not is a slave.

Offline CatchThis

« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2012, 06:12:55 pm »
heh i know that,i was full wisdom :) did more dmg than pyros too ^_^ but the downside is the grenadier skills arent that flashy :D or spamable since it takes a second or two to inflict that dmg it evens out with pyros,well it used too since they have summon that can tank while we run around in circles :P
im not really sure if nox grenade can compete with flametrap ,im gonna try it at around lvl 30-40 tough and see where it gets me

Offline StephTheGadget

• I didn't do it deliberately.
« Reply #4 on: April 02, 2012, 06:46:35 pm »
good luck with that :)

All I know is marksman is a lot harder since they killed bauble :(

He that cannot reason is a fool.
He that will not is a bigot.
He that dare not is a slave.

Offline [Moderator] Scotland

• Global Moderator
  • No Lifer
« Reply #5 on: April 02, 2012, 07:30:57 pm »
I have a wisdom gadget i prefer to stack a little more Vit or Max life than just go all out on wisdom (gear wise) my wisdom
is just under 500 im Pure wisdom attribute my HP is 25k. There is not one pyro on this server who can kick my ass not
even raziel with his +5 lava field.

Noxious grenade is amazing how dare you =D, that poison even follows the target when they teleport away. Latch Bomb
on europe Did get a nerf but due to critics not working properly it seemed like a huge Nerf. The critics work fine on global
when I have a pyro in my party using lava field  im doing 15k critic with latch bomb and around 6k+ solo with latch
and its no where near as strong as it can be.

my pvp play style is to Hit with latch bomb stun the enemy > toss mute bomb > noxious grenade
I stack movement speed (achievs + boots) and have flame turret and that medical widget to aid on bosses PvE
(tactics defensive pressure for  pvp)

Not even mighty BL with over 50k HP can beat the wisdom gadget....to good =) enjoy.

edit, its true bauble really sucks ass now but Ive spent one point in bauble incase i PvP a Red Hand with minions
Ill toss the bauble and it will buy me time to use latch (stuns minions) to noxious grenade on the minions I will repeat
this till the minions are dead or the target player gets close enough for me to hit.
« Last Edit: April 02, 2012, 07:38:17 pm by scotland »

Offline CatchThis

« Reply #6 on: April 02, 2012, 07:58:28 pm »
I have a wisdom gadget i prefer to stack a little more Vit or Max life than just go all out on wisdom (gear wise) my wisdom
is just under 500 im Pure wisdom attribute my HP is 25k. There is not one pyro on this server who can kick my ass not
even raziel with his +5 lava field.

Noxious grenade is amazing how dare you =D, that poison even follows the target when they teleport away. Latch Bomb
on europe Did get a nerf but due to critics not working properly it seemed like a huge Nerf. The critics work fine on global
when I have a pyro in my party using lava field  im doing 15k critic with latch bomb and around 6k+ solo with latch
and its no where near as strong as it can be.

my pvp play style is to Hit with latch bomb stun the enemy > toss mute bomb > noxious grenade
I stack movement speed (achievs + boots) and have flame turret and that medical widget to aid on bosses PvE
(tactics defensive pressure for  pvp)

Not even mighty BL with over 50k HP can beat the wisdom gadget....to good =) enjoy.

edit, its true bauble really sucks ass now but Ive spent one point in bauble incase i PvP a Red Hand with minions
Ill toss the bauble and it will buy me time to use latch (stuns minions) to noxious grenade on the minions I will repeat
this till the minions are dead or the target player gets close enough for me to hit.

i had roughly the same idea but instead of the flame turret to use suppression widgets(not sure if their worth it tough),btw whats the stun chance on latchbomb?
on the eu version i had a low lvl rifle to use bayonet skill :P
edit: btw latchbomb really is nerfed in dmg,i noticed since my char is low level and i remember it used to 1hit everything,now it doesnt :P and 6k dmg for it is low,still good tough since you can spam it
« Last Edit: April 02, 2012, 09:02:33 pm by CatchThis »

Offline Bunnz

« Reply #7 on: April 02, 2012, 11:24:57 pm »
a lil too tired atm, but if you want some ideas for a solo pve build, i can post my ideas about my rapid refire / lightning turret cross build. Though it is a bit weaker than it was on Mythos Europe due too less efficient turrets and the fact that u have to split up the skill points on 2 trees now, u can solo most of the game. In fact there are only about 5  relic bosses that are almost impossible to solo - or maybe i have been just too impatient :) If you want to know more, just leave a comment :) ...

Offline CatchThis

« Reply #8 on: April 08, 2012, 06:16:05 pm »
a lil too tired atm, but if you want some ideas for a solo pve build, i can post my ideas about my rapid refire / lightning turret cross build. Though it is a bit weaker than it was on Mythos Europe due too less efficient turrets and the fact that u have to split up the skill points on 2 trees now, u can solo most of the game. In fact there are only about 5  relic bosses that are almost impossible to solo - or maybe i have been just too impatient :) If you want to know more, just leave a comment :) ...

that build wouldn't be really effective,its slower vs easy moobs,and doesn't quite maximize dmg vs bosses,it works in pve... u can do very well with it but...
as you can see i was talking about a specific build cause,i know builds in this game,some things did change
but still,it doesnt take me much to figure out game mechanics... so, i don't really need builds made by someone else
i don't really play the game actively,since i got lots of things to do, but i catch on incredibly quick to everything in these types of games, i find these discussions fun tough since i do like to maximize my characters even with my limited time and provide some useful info for others,to a degree since i see developers here like to nerf things to the ground when their OP,they still do leave some sweet pots thankfully