Author Topic: Signs of Danger quest bug? Finding Ellie and killing Red Eye  (Read 1862 times)

Offline qfunk24

Signs of Danger quest bug? Finding Ellie and killing Red Eye
« on: February 04, 2012, 02:34:47 pm »
I went into Shaman's Cave on some other quests and went all the way up to Red Eye, soloing him quite easily. I left the cave and picked up the Signs of Danger quest later, so I head back in to search for Ellie. Problem is, I already cleared the cave, Red Eye is still dead, and there's no sign of this Ellie. The quest giver still doesn't allow me to complete it, and the quest log displays Red Eye's status as "Alive".

Anyone else having this issue? Seems to be a bug in which if you kill Red Eye first, then pick up the quest, the quest doesn't register that he's already dead.

Offline Raziel

Re: Signs of Danger quest bug? Finding Ellie and killing Red Eye
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2012, 02:44:26 pm »
quest dont register if u already killed red eye.
There button called  "reset dungeon" in right upper corner of your screen
Go outside of dungeon press that and dungeon will reset
Now you can kill red eye again =)

Happy hunting

Offline qfunk24

« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2012, 08:33:13 pm »
Nevermind. The Shaman Cave updates at some point (not sure what caused it to change), but I was able to go back in a bit later and run it again to Red Eye (different mobs this time), and killing him caused Ellie tom come running out and away, which completed the quest immediately (no need to go back to the NPC).

Offline Reiko

• Not a Troll. Really.
    • DevART Gallery
« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2012, 07:43:10 pm »
Dungeons also reset after you travel to another dungeon.

Basically, if you enter dungeon A and exit, dungeon A is still active and dead things stay dead. If you enter Dungeon B, the dungeon A resets. If you exit dungeon B, you can enter dungeon A again and it will be full of mobs again.