Author Topic: Bloodletter Tips  (Read 4256 times)

Offline Cfuson001

Bloodletter Tips
« on: November 30, 2011, 09:23:58 pm »
Having never played Mythos before i have decided to make a Bloodletter as my first character. If anyone that has had previous experience with the game could come by and shed some light on this class. What skills are good, What weapons do bloodletters use? General stuff like that.

IGN Riplash or Bishop (Human, BloodLetter)

Offline [Moderator] Scotland

• Global Moderator
  • No Lifer
Re: Bloodletter Tips
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2011, 09:32:56 pm »
they use 1h weaps 2h weaps shields, and like i said can wield wisdom gear for the pure wisdom build.
As for tips if it was me i would start of with minions to get you level up fast and there very easy to use.
Bloodlings 1st and get blood rage command, then after get some imps. when you start to get to know the skills you can always change later, minions is a little slow to start as you need +minion stats on gears and weapons for them to be strong. if you want to do minions till end game i would suggest that you also keep in your bank a set of gear for tanking or giving out DPS so if you choose to reskill for a DPS or tank you have all the gear you need for the switch. good luck.

Offline Reiko

• Not a Troll. Really.
    • DevART Gallery
« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2011, 05:14:26 am »
I've tried bloodling build for a while, and for early levels they work pretty well, right?

I remember on later levels I meet bosses that keep smashing my minions around...until I run out of corpses.

Offline silentsoul25

« Reply #3 on: December 05, 2011, 12:29:59 am »
Bloodletter can have multiple roles:
1. tank- has almost all the block and def bonus % you can have in the game
2. aspd and mspd bonus-has good aspd and mspd skills
3. tons of melee damage- has a lot of damage bonus skills %
all in all you can play with this character depending on your preference you can mix all three kinds of skill tiers too if you like
the most important thing is to just have fun on playing the game  :P
Ign: TotoyBato
Class: Bloodletter
Race: Cyclops
Lvl: 20
Guild: Legion

• Global Moderator
  • No Lifer
« Reply #4 on: December 07, 2011, 08:29:05 am »
silent im sorry to be the one to tell you this but they changed the Tier Tree, you can no longer get all 3 tiers from spending in the Tier Tree.  They all have to be done separately now which almost removes hybrid class, in my wisdom build case it destroyed it.
I only wish i had recorded the damage i was doing with 6 bloodlings + red mist and bloodmight (equiping wis req +3 minion stat gear with wisdom, critical) i only just found out that blood might increased the dmg of red mist right before they shut down the servers.

Offline silentsoul25

« Reply #5 on: December 07, 2011, 09:52:36 am »
@scotland
thats bad news  :( do you mean that i can only choose like one skill tree?for example i can only put skill points on crimsonate and cant put some point on martialist?
Ign: TotoyBato
Class: Bloodletter
Race: Cyclops
Lvl: 20
Guild: Legion

• Global Moderator
  • No Lifer
« Reply #6 on: December 09, 2011, 11:34:38 am »
basically yea, if you spend in Crimson tree the martial tree wont level up that has to be done separate, but you can still spend in other trees its just full hybrid has been removed.
take a look at the skill calculator guide i made, although it would seem that its not showing pictures any more it was working a few weeks ago you might be ok check it out guide section.

Offline Reiko

• Not a Troll. Really.
    • DevART Gallery
« Reply #7 on: January 25, 2012, 02:03:26 am »
This time you can spread your points across trees and have varying skills (jack of all trades, master of none), or you can concentrate on one tree and have access to more powerful skills. In the current system, it is MUCH better to concentrate on one, and if you want to hybrid, keep the "sub-class" points to a minimum.

For me I mained the Martialist tree and had a couple of points for bloodlings. The bloodlings aren't strong, but they can take hits for me, and that matters a lot.

Offline Nepila

« Reply #8 on: January 28, 2012, 11:05:53 am »
Bladebreaker BL is probably the easiest way to go on a melee Bloodletter, since you don't really need very good equipment and its pretty good for farming normal mobs, and you can even kill bosses with it because of the long range.

For survivability you should of course pick 1h + shield, but you can go pure damage routes, like 2h halberd/spear (some skills gain a longer range, depending on if you use a 1h or 2h weapon) , and use skills like rend (if i remember right this has insane damage) or piercing flurry (very good damage and you get a lifesteal to it around level 20)

You can go pure caster routes, either using only minions (easy way), or the blood spells (need very good gear for them to do much).

I hope this helps, this info is based on my experience on the old EU beta.

Offline Reiko

• Not a Troll. Really.
    • DevART Gallery
« Reply #9 on: January 30, 2012, 02:01:45 am »
I haven't tried the pure damage route though. For some reason, I feel too squishy (my armor must suck) so I always use 1h+shield as a Martialist.

Last time I checked out the skills, the Martialist seems suited for the tank role as the skills go well with 1h+shield, while the Crimsonate is the DPS 2h type. I never really was into the berserker thing (but I play as a mage).

If I remember correctly, the Martialist has a block skill when you use blade weapons, but it's really far down, so it'd be hard to hybrid into that one if you main Crimsonate. Oh well. I guess Crimsonates stay squishy.

Good thing about this game is that you aren't limited by any of those and you can just go do whatever the hell you want.