Author Topic: Cinderblade (help)  (Read 6632 times)

Offline AutyPasty

Re: Cinderblade (help)
« Reply #15 on: March 01, 2012, 03:15:51 pm »
Check out Scotland's post, #2 in this thread.
I dearly love a pasty, a 'ot leaky one;

With mayt, turmit and taty, h'onyon and parsley in 'un
The crus' be made weth suet, shaped like 'alf a moon;

Crinkly h'edges, freshly baked 'e es alway gone too soon!

Offline Mortanyia

« Reply #16 on: April 07, 2012, 04:59:38 pm »
 First off sorry for the month old thread necro  ;D

My cinderblade is only level 23ish. I have been assigning stats as follows, (STR)2=WIS. (example: if i have 150 STR I want 75 wis )

Priority of itemization on gear as follows:
 Crit chance > Crit bonus > Melee Bonus > STR > VIT > WIS > Any other weapon or elemental damage additions 

Weapons:
 Dual wield the slowest ( for base damage ) correctly itemized one handers I can find.

Talent/skill build (currently)

1 point burning arc ( cheap for spamability )
Max lava field ( Boss killing debuff )
1 point Thermal screen ( Used when going into melee boss )
Maxing all melee passives asap
21 Cinderblade main attribute ( haven't read much on the 30 point skills so I stopped at 21 for the moment )

This build has had no issues killing everything so far, I rarely use health pots. Due to the higher than base WIS, I have had no issues spamming Burning Arc for extended periods. I am aware that these conditions may change as I get higher in levels.

Ok, now that you understand where My toon is at, here's the Questions I have....

1) Why are most advocating the use of a 2 handed weapon ?

I agree that it hits (per attack) harder but Burning Arc strikes with both weapons if dual wielding. A 2 hander would have to hit twice as hard as a 1 hander to be equal in unmitigated damage output. I have yet to see a equivalent level 2hander have twice the base damage. Most I see sit at about 130% to 150% the base damage of a equivalent 1 hander. That's a 50% loss compared to two 1handers.
    Further more, if the damage was equal or even a bit better with a 2hander you'd still lose the itemization/stats on  the second weapon. Also you'd have to expend precious stat points or gear itemization to boost DEX just to equip them ( polearms / scythes ).

I'm not saying I'm right..  I see many well thought out replies on these boards advocating 2handed use ( Scot in particular ). I'm just wondering what I am missing.       

So what am I missing here?

2) When is an ideal time to start raising/maxing Burning Arc and/or investing in Burning Swath ( it's passive Boost ) ?

I am hesitant to do this as the mana costs will raise considerably. On the flip side, the positives are greater damage per usage and I have extra Wis in my build currently to try and account for it's increasing costs. 

Any opinions on this would be great as I am stumped on when to start pumping it up and how much to raise it  :-[

Offline AutyPasty

« Reply #17 on: April 07, 2012, 06:54:03 pm »
well, just my 2 cents.

My lil cinder is lvl 30, full STR, burning arc and it's passive are maxed, and I generally don't have mana issues. So I have to pop a mana pot occasionally, so what :P

My choice has been to go for 1H + sheild for the extra defence.

I think when you get to the higher level weapons, the damage difference can be much higher.
[for example I've seen smetled 2 handers on RU that go 700-1200 damage]

I dearly love a pasty, a 'ot leaky one;

With mayt, turmit and taty, h'onyon and parsley in 'un
The crus' be made weth suet, shaped like 'alf a moon;

Crinkly h'edges, freshly baked 'e es alway gone too soon!

Offline Mortanyia

« Reply #18 on: April 07, 2012, 08:59:25 pm »
 Thanks for the quick reply.

I too carry a shield, however I rarely use it. I'll keep an eye on the 2handers I find and try to find out when the damage bell-curve favors the switch to 2handers.

Offline [Moderator] Scotland

• Global Moderator
  • No Lifer
« Reply #19 on: April 08, 2012, 08:34:09 am »
1. Go to the daily quest board accept all three quests and abandon them all, repeat untill you have the max dex achiev +15.

2. I really hate maxing the burning arc skill you have hit the nail on the head, It uses far to much mana I used lvl 1 arc and 5
in the passive untill I was 51 then I maxed Arc for the extra DMG. Although it really pains me to max the arc skill due to the mana it consumes. Phoenix is my only way of refreshing the mana other than taking a mana pot =P.

When I talk about refreshing the mana from phoenix its only required on relic bosses if your party has a low ammount of people. If the party is full you wont have any problems with mana and if your planning on going Full STR then you will need
to have a Tank in the party as your hp will be very low and wont be able to sustain any duration on the bosses (full str).

I love the fact that arc hits twice wielding two 1h weaps, but Its just not doing as much dmg as a 2h.

Offline winrehs

« Reply #20 on: April 08, 2012, 10:10:28 pm »
Well, I'm not an expert on Cinderblades but I use Thermal Screen on Bosses. I barely ever need Health Potions because they drop dead before I need one. BTW, my Cinderblade is full STR 1H + Shield.

FYI, Cinderblades ( believe me or not ) are one of the most meticulous class out there.

• Global Moderator
  • No Lifer
« Reply #21 on: April 13, 2012, 04:31:30 pm »
Every thing will drop dead pretty easy in one hit no matter what class you are at the start of the game till the end in almost
every dungeon (wishes there was hard mode) its at the end game bosses the 1h and shield kinda lack in DMG.

adding skill gems to lava field will greatly increase your dmg with burning arc I only had +2 lava field gems with pure STR cinder doing max critical 53k dmg. I had to rely on a tank every time when I wanted to relic with such low hp, good luck =).

Offline CatchThis

« Reply #22 on: April 19, 2012, 08:34:29 am »

I love the fact that arc hits twice wielding two 1h weaps, but Its just not doing as much dmg as a 2h.

i don't agree on this,you do 53k,lets say i'd do 35k with dual wielding,but 35k times two..70k :P it would always mean higher sustained dmg since those weapons will always do more than half the dmg a 2hander can,haven't checked if they both crit at the same time,but its irrelevant either way dual wielding would still do more dps
« Last Edit: April 19, 2012, 08:36:47 am by CatchThis »

Offline Raziel

« Reply #23 on: April 19, 2012, 03:56:36 pm »
Sorry to wreck your dreams
not quite sure but second dmg is from explosion

• Global Moderator
  • No Lifer
« Reply #24 on: April 22, 2012, 11:37:34 am »
sorry mate but ive made the best cinder on both europe and global ive tested many things and spent over 200$ testing the cinder build with a lot of diff variations there is no way in hell you can hit 35k one each single wield.

Not at least untill the 60 cap with new weapons, and even then 2h still beats it.

sorry if that seems a bit rude I mean no harm =)

PS: i hit 69k critical on europe with a 2h, the most i got when wielding two 1hs was 20k on each hand both critical.
(that build is nothing but stress if your up for a challenge then take it on =P)

EDIT: ive thought about it and like to add something, there might be a chance that it can equal the dmg of a 2h but you would need two 1h weapons that are both Legendary (more base dmg) and both must have all elemental dmg such as
poison dmg, fire dmg, elec dmg and ice dmg, oh yea lets not 4get weapon dmg. I think only then you would be able to
equal or best the 2h's DMG.
« Last Edit: April 22, 2012, 07:11:34 pm by [Moderator] Scotland »