Author Topic: Mythos Login/Launcher - For those who have trouble starting the game.  (Read 3047 times)

Offline lpjz50

Hello everyone!

I was one of those unfortunate souls who wanted to play this game so badly, but running on chrome, I found it difficult to have to use Internet Explorer to play. It ruined the game to have to go to the website to login and click "Start Game". So I made a login dialog that I'd like to share with you all. It's nothing special but a hell of alot easier.

Pic -

Download -
http://www.mediafire.com/?1hab2ngs48c7rcf

Virus Scan -
https://www.virustotal.com/file/e926a3ed9ebe209c1e0af5313ebf25fe5ce63a7fff281512ff2c036b9e5d8434/analysis/1340385217/

Source Code -
Code: [Select]
Imports System.IO

Public Class Form1

Private Sub Button1_Click(ByVal sender As System.Object, ByVal e As System.EventArgs) Handles Me.Load
        WebBrowser1.Navigate("http://mythos.t3fun.com/home/home.aspx")
        Timer4.Start()
        If File.Exists(CurDir() & "\data.txt") Then
            Dim file_name As String = (CurDir() & "\data.txt")
            Dim stream_reader As New IO.StreamReader(file_name)
            Dim lines() As String = IO.File.ReadAllLines(CurDir() & "\data.txt")
            TextBox1.Text = (lines(0))
            TextBox2.Text = (lines(1))
            stream_reader.Close()
            stream_reader.Dispose()
            File.Delete(CurDir() & "\data.txt")
        Else

End If

End Sub

Private Sub Button2_Click(ByVal sender As System.Object, ByVal e As System.EventArgs) Handles Button1.Click
        WebBrowser1.Document.GetElementById("UserId").SetAttribute("value", TextBox1.Text)
        WebBrowser1.Document.GetElementById("PassWord").SetAttribute("value", TextBox2.Text)

Dim tw As StreamWriter
        tw = System.IO.File.CreateText(CurDir() & "\data.txt")
        System.IO.File.SetAttributes(CurDir() & "\data.txt", FileAttributes.Hidden)
            tw.WriteLine(TextBox1.Text)
            tw.WriteLine(TextBox2.Text)
            tw.Flush()
            tw.Dispose()
        tw.Close()
        Timer1.Start()
    End Sub

Private Sub Timer1_Tick(ByVal sender As System.Object, ByVal e As System.EventArgs) Handles Timer1.Tick

Try
            Me.WebBrowser1.Focus()
            Me.WebBrowser1.Document.GetElementById("PassWord").Focus()

System.Windows.Forms.SendKeys.Send("{ENTER}")

Timer2.Start()
            Timer1.Stop()
        Catch ex As Exception

End Try

End Sub

Private Sub Button2_Click_1(ByVal sender As System.Object, ByVal e As System.EventArgs)
        WebBrowser1.Document.All("ctl00_Login1_Launcher_hdnUserId").Focus()
        WebBrowser1.Document.GetElementById("ctl00_Login1_Launcher_hdnUserId").InvokeMember("click")
    End Sub

Private Sub Timer2_Tick(ByVal sender As System.Object, ByVal e As System.EventArgs) Handles Timer2.Tick
        Try
            Me.WebBrowser1.Focus()
            Me.WebBrowser1.Document.GetElementById("PassWord").Focus()
            System.Windows.Forms.SendKeys.Send("{ENTER}")

Timer3.Start()
            Timer2.Stop()
        Catch ex As Exception

End Try

End Sub

Private Sub Timer3_Tick(ByVal sender As System.Object, ByVal e As System.EventArgs) Handles Timer3.Tick
        Try
            WebBrowser1.Document.All("UserId").Equals(WebBrowser1.Document.GetElementById("UserId"))

Catch ex As Exception
            Button1.Hide()
            TextBox1.Hide()
            TextBox2.Hide()
            WebBrowser1.Show()
            WebBrowser1.BringToFront()
            Timer3.Stop()

End Try

End Sub

Private Sub Timer4_Tick(ByVal sender As System.Object, ByVal e As System.EventArgs) Handles Timer4.Tick
        Try
            If WebBrowser1.DocumentTitle = ("T3FUN NO.1 GLOBAL GAME SITE") Then
                Timer4.Stop()
                WebBrowser1.Navigate("http://mythos.t3fun.com/home/home.aspx")
                MsgBox("Password is not incorrect.", MsgBoxStyle.Exclamation)

Else

End If
        Catch ex As Exception

End Try

End Sub
End Class

Troubleshooting -

If anything, first make sure you have .NET Framework 4.0+, the latest version of Adobe Flash Player

I'll answer any questions regarding the login dialog.

Happy Gaming!

Offline Assyb

• Geddy Lee on the doubleneck bass!
It's cool that you made a launcher so you don't have to go to the website, but not sure why you couldn't use Chrome to launch the game, as I use Opera and it launches fine.  I like going to the website to check on any new game info but I may give your launcher a try sometimes also. 8) 
Fairies wear boots and you gotta believe me... - Black Sabbath

Stock trader by day; Fairy basher by night in Mythos!

Offline lpjz50

I don't know why, but I was too lazy to fix it, so I just made this quicky and it replaced the website.

Offline clive

Oh wow is this serious? I haven't really checked it since I'm fine running it with Chrome. But has anyone else tried this? Because if yes and it works, then a lot of people can certainly use this. If it's working, we can ask the moderators to sticky this. It will surely help a lot of those who can't play the game through browser.

Offline [Moderator] Scotland

• Global Moderator
  • No Lifer
I did plan on making this sticky but was waiting for some confirmation, any one tested and or scanned ?

Dont have much time recently just checking forums, if no one has tried it out in the next day or so ill check it out.

Offline lpjz50

I put a scan link up top in my post and was coded through VB.NET. Simple stuff really, but yes please test it out. I currently use it because nothing has worked for me otherwise. I hope this can cause a high fluctuation of players, I really like this game. In the case this get's stickied, I will create a better UI for the program. This UI was just be cause it was a quickie.

*Note* - It does save your Username and Password for you if that's a pro for anyone. That alleviates the time of attempting to type in both every time you want to play.

Offline [Moderator] Calligraphy

• Global Moderator
  • I'm your friendly neighborhood Calligraphy
Thank you for this lpjz. :)

We will certainly test this. If it's working just fine, we'll sticky this thread so that players who are having problems can use this.

Offline [Moderator] Scotland

• Global Moderator
  • No Lifer
downloaded and scanned everything seems fine, sticky =)

Offline lpjz50

Thanks guys! Any further questions from anyone, I check this thread every day :).

Offline shifted1119

Re: Mythos Login/Launcher - For those who have trouble starting the game.
« Reply #9 on: March 22, 2013, 04:11:25 pm »
Hi all.  I was wondering if the people that still play this have heard of the problem that freezes the game after you enter your 2nd password.  There are a lot of people that are launching the game fine, selecting the Global server, entering 2nd password, and then a window pops up that says "Patching..."

Maybe the people who have been here a while and still play know of a fix?  Has this ever happened to you?

It seems like the only people that traffic the Technical Issues forum are the ones that have the same problem as me :(