Author Topic: Hello ?  (Read 817 times)

Offline [Moderator] Scotland

• Global Moderator
  • No Lifer
Hello ?
« on: May 28, 2013, 02:47:50 pm »
So, Its been a while since I have been on the Mythos forums or in game, my PC went down hill, moved house... complications moved again one thing leads to another.

Just wanted to come on and say hello to "All" my old friends and any new ones ?, whom I shall never forget.... so who's still around =) ?

Offline Robyzaffa

Re: Hello ?
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2013, 11:45:10 am »
Hello Scot!!!!

how are u?

Mijolnir and I do not play for a long time at Mythos ... there is no longer anyone online ...
Too bad ...
We're playing with the same nick at Tera

C ya

Roby

• Global Moderator
  • No Lifer
« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2013, 03:36:01 pm »
Hey dude, im good ive been on path of exile for a little while but gave it a break currently playing Grim Dawn alpha having a blast on it so far.

I tried Tera a while back and might try it again when it goes F2P, ive just spent a week grinding on NWO but Ive
never liked Perfect World so ill probably not be going back on neverwinter.

Im very surprised the server is still up and definitely want to get back on mythos before its too..........
just for old times sake some recreational passive play.

I tried to launch mythos and join the server but I keep getting some fmodex.dll error so I cant join unless I change my OS or get a hold of the files to play the game.
Ive tried all the compatibility options, cleared local files and a fresh reinstall nothing works. Ive burned out trying to fix it ill maybe try again another time.

Offline Bunnz

« Reply #3 on: May 29, 2013, 11:04:50 pm »
Just stumbled upon the post, got curious and tried to launch the game - but i get some error message too  :'(.
Anyway - Grim Dawn: is it worth spending the money to get alpha access? I am actually playing Titan Quest atm (/nostalgic mood on  ;) ), so i m curious...

Offline Robyzaffa

« Reply #4 on: May 30, 2013, 04:36:49 am »
Tera is F2P, I think, from March ... and we are at lvl 55 with the cap at 60 (Archer on Arcadia server)

I tried to play again Mythos and the game would not start due to "strange" errors ... I uninstalled everything, downloaded the game and installed ... now it works, but .... anyone online .....

I'm trying Neverwinter .... I am disappointed  :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( ... I was expecting something nicer (I consumed the first two chapters ...) the graphics are not bad but it's too repetitive ... too constrained, the road is only one and you can not "go anywhere."

I received the invitation for Dragons Prophet ... mmmm ... mmmm ....  ??? ??? ??? ??? ???

For now I have to say that Tera, at the time, has no rivals

Roby
« Last Edit: May 30, 2013, 04:44:21 am by Robyzaffa »

• Global Moderator
  • No Lifer
« Reply #5 on: May 30, 2013, 10:23:55 am »
Grim dawn is  worth every penny and im going to buy it as soon as I pay my bills, I actually downloaded it via torrent on tpb.
I do own both TQ on steam my self but after playing grim dawn there is no going back now =). If you dont mind playing build 9 then just get the torrent ( i do seed 24/7)....buying it next week no doubt as no one updates the torrent to the latest patch.

Never winter is very linear yea, dragons prophet I expected more from them I did try it but only for a day then stopped. I got confused with Rift going F2P in the coming months.

What error are you guys getting when you try launch mythos. when the error comes up click on view problem details. This is my error
Problem signature:
Problem Event Name:   APPCRASH
Application Name:   Myth.exe
Application Version:   2.0.17.6777
Application Timestamp:   5177b534
Fault Module Name:   fmodex.dll

So im going to take a shot in the dark here and say the fmodex.dll is corrupt =P, Robby is it possible you can compress the fmodex.dll and mail me it ?

ps; Grim dawn is right up your ally bunnz with all the cool rifles and gadgets / explosives, oh and hello =)

« Last Edit: May 30, 2013, 11:22:34 am by [Moderator] Scotland »

Offline Robyzaffa

« Reply #6 on: May 31, 2013, 06:01:36 am »
Sure!!!!

i sent u a PM

• Global Moderator
  • No Lifer
« Reply #7 on: May 31, 2013, 05:05:16 pm »
thanks I sent you an email and also a pm. If it doesnt work ill just reinstall my old OS.

Been a few days now roby im still waiting on those files.

« Last Edit: June 02, 2013, 08:57:11 am by [Moderator] Scotland »

Offline Robyzaffa

« Reply #8 on: June 03, 2013, 05:39:23 am »
Hi Scot!

i have sent a mail to u with the file!

C ya

Roby

• Global Moderator
  • No Lifer
« Reply #9 on: June 03, 2013, 11:49:02 am »
thanks, I managed to get the files from another PC I just emailed my self but still the game wont run. Its strange I downloaded the game on another PC which uses windows 7 the game runs fine managed to get on to the server but when I try launch the game on my PC it just doesn't want to run.

Offline Robyzaffa

« Reply #10 on: June 04, 2013, 02:24:03 am »
very strange .... if you need more help just ask me  ;D

• Global Moderator
  • No Lifer
« Reply #11 on: June 04, 2013, 06:00:03 am »
its fine dude I managed to get it running, I just installed an older OS

Offline Bunnz

« Reply #12 on: June 05, 2013, 10:24:01 am »
So they finally publish a new game client - and then this new client is incompatible with the prior version so the patcher won't work (at least it doesn't work for me) - that's so typically t3fun...
Anyway, i am curious about the new client and the fixed issues Scot is posting about, so i guess i will install the new client and have a look around  too - if i get the game running ;) ...

• Global Moderator
  • No Lifer
« Reply #13 on: June 05, 2013, 11:27:57 am »
You may need to add exceptions to your fire wall with the new client, if it wont patch then go into your bin sub directory
where the game is installed and run the patcher with admin privileges. When it stops patching close it and try run
the game from the website.