Author Topic: Mythos Global Server will close on January 22, 2014  (Read 1121 times)

Offline Bunnz

Mythos Global Server will close on January 22, 2014
« on: December 12, 2013, 10:21:02 am »
Time to say Goodbye (again): Mythos Global will be shut down in January  :'(.

Quote from the homepage:

It is with great sadness that we would like to inform everyone that Mythos Global Server will close on January 22, 2014. We appreciate the time that you've spent for Mythos Global and we know how much pain this decision would bring to our beloved players.

In line with the upcoming closure of the servers, the in-game cash shop will be closed on December 18, 2013 during the maintenance period. A Compensation Model is currently at work mainly for users who made recent purchases. Additional details about the said compensation will be posted in the future.

So bye, bye to my lil Gadgeteer  :'( ...

Offline nalufei

• Hardcore Gamer
Re: Mythos Global Server will close on January 22, 2014
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2013, 04:00:41 pm »
ok, it's the real end time for Mythos....
Since this game, i tried lot of others Action RPG (C9, PoE...) but i didn't find the quality of Mythos :(
Have fun everybody, goodbye to my sweet minions ;(

Offline [Moderator] Scotland

• Global Moderator
  • No Lifer
« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2013, 12:02:30 pm »
Hello,

Well I cant say im suprised, When the this game shut down last time I was left feeling bitter and had a bit of a sour disposition towards not only the devs but the publishers aswell. I cant say im that sad this time im actually happy its getting shutdown, no one likes to see a wounded animal suffer and thats exactly how I feel about Mythos Global.

This majestic creature of a game has given me many many happy days of gaming, I have played almost every RNG game on the market and can honestly say this one was the best. I dont understand why T3Fun did not capitalize on mythos by taking advice from its players. The game was released at such a vital time in conjunction with the release of D3. The hype at that time for isometric games was frankly staggering and if t3fun only did a little more to gain public attention and Trust then they might have had a bigger player base (but the cash shop was a complete joke so what did they expect).

I can understand from an overseas developer point of view that certain builds of the game can only be published in korea meaning we where left behind with very little updates (basically no updates since they where actually old updates). That does not excuse the publishers job to get this game noticed on the mmo market / gaming industry.
They Failed at every single hurdle from Events to adverts and the team couldnt even handle technical inquiries/support.

This game had a lot of potential....what a shame it got ruined again (or is that again again).

To every single person I met and made friends with on this game, GoodBye.
I did my best to contact these leeches and try to work it out with them but was hit with a brick wall every single time.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Raz
Amalthea
Beerman
Zekka
Steph
Bunnz
BobCat (Honourable Mention)

Take care.
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Steam > skesoul
Poe > skesoul
facebook > haha yea right fk fb.
« Last Edit: December 19, 2013, 12:05:59 pm by [Moderator] Scotland »

Offline nalufei

• Hardcore Gamer
« Reply #3 on: December 27, 2013, 06:46:37 am »
i seen the sources of ther server version are available somewhere.
Is it playable, is it possible to use ? i don't know but about what i read, u will need C++ dev knowledge for use it.
And maybe understand korean ^^

So scot, do you play D3 also ?

Offline AutyPasty

« Reply #4 on: December 30, 2013, 08:07:53 pm »
Well, I pop by to see how things are and this :/
Inevitable I guess.
A valiant effort on Scott's part to keep things running, but let's face it, Mythos died when the EU servers shut down.
So farewell one last time sweet Uld, the talented original creators of this game moved on, so must we all.......
I dearly love a pasty, a 'ot leaky one;

With mayt, turmit and taty, h'onyon and parsley in 'un
The crus' be made weth suet, shaped like 'alf a moon;

Crinkly h'edges, freshly baked 'e es alway gone too soon!

Offline Bunnz

« Reply #5 on: January 16, 2014, 10:19:17 pm »
Probably the last time i drop by in this forum - so bye, bye to all Mythos' enthusiasts and, hey,  nice to be on Scot's list  :) ("Skesoul" noted in my book).
Hope to see all of you guys in a new upcoming ARPG.
But that won't be PoE - while the game is fun, i actually don't  like the 4 months league approach. I want to play one toon for more than 4 months and not have it dropped in some no-one-is-really-interested-in standard league, i want to play it for 6 years  ;) (just like my lil Hunter in Archlord - unfortunately they shut that game down too on Jan 1st  2014 :'(  ).
Anyway - to all of you: Have Fun  ;) !

Offline Raziel

« Reply #6 on: February 05, 2014, 05:32:52 am »
Hey all :)
saw ending coming before this was even released...
but had nice and fun time with you all :)
other than Uld adventures wait now...

Greetings from Raz
PS: if someone wants contact.. gerrel (@) luukku.com