Author Topic: I'm Just Curious  (Read 10372 times)

Offline [Moderator] SkyLine

• Administrator
  • Little Devil
I'm Just Curious
« on: January 10, 2012, 10:50:50 pm »
I'm just wondering what are the bugs or things that you didn't like in other versions? ::) :o :P

You can share it here, and i will personally note and ask the tech team to check on them... :P
« Last Edit: January 11, 2012, 12:22:28 am by [Moderator] SkyLine »

Offline astral1

Re: I'm Just Curious
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2012, 04:10:35 am »
Can we start with the silly log in process from CBT ?  I didnt get the need to login to the website first, then go thru the updater, etc.
Can you not just use a launcher like the Russian version does?
Surely the second passcode covers security sufficiently.

Offline Trahald

« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2012, 12:24:10 pm »
The xp curve was stupid after 25+ you had to grind like a robot ... do the same dungeon hundreds of times to lvl up ... you killed hundreds of mobs and the xp bar barely moved , repetitive game-play doing the same thing over and over spamming the same ability , no real reward for you efforts you only got gear that was good for 3 levels after that it was useless even if it was purple ...

basically every dude that wasn't a masokist quit shortly after reaching lvl 25-26 they closed down the game because nobody was playing anymore ... what a surprise ...

If they implement the same broken xp curve ... this version will die shortly after it's launched to ...

In order for the game to work this time , the most important ting  they MUST do is implement a smooth lvl-ing experience , not turn it in a Asian grind fest again , that only korean borgs can master ...

And implement some PVP starting from  lower levels , some content  ,anything ,  the game really lacked content ... it was basically a mindless dungeon crawler were you spam 2 abilities , and felt like you are not accomplishing anything.

The bugs are not the issue they are always going to be bugs , the most severe ones will get fixed no doubt , marketing strategies , if they launch the game with only money in mind then the game will definetly be a disapointment again , if they implement a broken xp curve to encourage cash shop item use then .... I'm of playing  POE with were gamers run the show , not greedy corporate money whores ... human greed ****s everything up theese days even games are designed to milk cash from people , and remove the fun out of them ... WAKE UP PEOPLE !!!! :)) ignorant peons that fuel the corporate machine ...

« Last Edit: January 11, 2012, 12:38:24 pm by Trahald »

Offline fateweaver

« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2012, 01:02:43 pm »
Gadgeteer- Rally and Insight:

I notice when the buff goes up that it says my stats were increased by 0 and 0.

And when I press C and look at the character stats they don't move.  So I was wondering if either of these skills work or if they are both broken (Someone said that Insight is definitely broken but they thought Rally worked-No one confirmed this. )

I feel you should do one of two things:

1) Fix  these abilities (My Preference)
2) Remove them (To Stop People From Wasting a Skill Point)

Or
3)Replace them

Cronik

« Reply #4 on: January 11, 2012, 04:18:29 pm »
Gadgeteer- Rally and Insight:

I notice when the buff goes up that it says my stats were increased by 0 and 0.

And when I press C and look at the character stats they don't move.  So I was wondering if either of these skills work or if they are both broken (Someone said that Insight is definitely broken but they thought Rally worked-No one confirmed this. )

I feel you should do one of two things:

1) Fix  these abilities (My Preference)
2) Remove them (To Stop People From Wasting a Skill Point)

Or
3)Replace them

Well, definitely fixable, because they function correctly on RU

Cronik

« Reply #5 on: January 11, 2012, 04:54:40 pm »
+1 to the XP curve.
Nightmarish through the mid 20's to 30's then a freefall to 50 once you are in Iceville.
Slows down again [a lot] on the way to 60 [assuming a lvl 60 cap], but IMO that is as it should be, ie, the higher you get, the slower the levelling, you should have to earn those last few levels.

+10 to changing the silly login process.

p.s. Nice hack on the post count Skyline :P

« Last Edit: January 11, 2012, 04:58:19 pm by Cronik »

Offline [Moderator] Scotland

• Global Moderator
  • No Lifer
« Reply #6 on: January 11, 2012, 05:06:51 pm »
Epic runestone gates, entering epic blue puts you in epic green vice versa.
When another player joins the group from another part of ULD the party needs to be split up
and remade before it will let every one join the runegate, warps them back to the map entrance portal.
Fixed in RU ?

Cronik

« Reply #7 on: January 11, 2012, 07:02:53 pm »
Epic runestone gates, entering epic blue puts you in epic green vice versa.
When another player joins the group from another part of ULD the party needs to be split up
and remade before it will let every one join the runegate, warps them back to the map entrance portal.
Fixed in RU ?
nope

Offline Bobcat

• 12:50 press return
« Reply #8 on: January 11, 2012, 07:09:06 pm »
I'm just wondering what are the bugs or things that you didn't like in other versions? ::) :o :P

You can share it here, and i will personally note and ask the tech team to check on them... :P

uuhm, well Frogster claimed that they were forwarding all reports that were filed during their  Mythos Europe period.

So, you should already know about what bugs were the most 'bugging' ..

personally , for me that would be:

1) (critical)  crash bug when trying to load existent satyr characters or creating a new character  (satyr - race) .

on affected machines, 100% reproducable .
happens on a broad range of systems,  especially (maybe only) on machines using any Nvidia graphics card.

certain, possibly  invalid / corrupt 3D system calls from the game to the 3D driver thru directx  causing the driver to crash (windows bluescreen) ,
once trying to load the satyr skins..

sometimes, you could avoid the entire system to crash by alt-tabbing out of the game directly after loading any satyr, but you would still end up with corrupted graphics afterwards. black screen ingame, and odd looking  map (white lines only)

if the previous char that had been loaded before last launch of the client was any char other than a satyr, you could avoid the game + OS from crashing as well, once trying to load a satyr on next restart.  however, if the satyr is the last char that had been selected, you  get the crash on 2nd restart, again.

to date, this crash bug is still evident in the current russian version of Mythos.

2) you totally  ruined and screwed crafting, multiple times...

* the crafting skill system that would give you 2(?)  skill points per level up automatically, was far better than the one it was replaced with (giving only points for crafting quests completed) ...
* a lot of the mods and variables you could add by changing the crafting-slider and by spending skill points, were nonfunctional after one of the latest patch we had in Mythos Europe.. for example, the ones that should increase chance & quantity to successfully add enchantment(s) .
* crafting system would need some serious balancing work to be done, in comparison with socketed and reinforced high-end gear from special boss-maps etc, crafted items were too weak, based on effort to obtain the corrsponding item.
* too much ingredients needed for many heraldries, and  too short duration of their effects

3 to ∞ ) ..all the rest of bugs & misfeatures & balancing issues

« Last Edit: January 11, 2012, 07:12:48 pm by Bobcat »
http://darkmatters.org --- my battle#tag: bobcat#2602 --- http://clan-da.com

Offline [Moderator] SkyLine

• Administrator
  • Little Devil
« Reply #9 on: January 11, 2012, 10:12:33 pm »

LOL...its dafault for me, i posted tons of msg but invisible mode only i can see them... :P :P :P

Offline Troll

• I'm not a TROLL
« Reply #10 on: January 12, 2012, 03:55:02 am »

LOL...its dafault for me, i posted tons of msg but invisible mode only i can see them... :P :P :P
teach us how to do that... :P
Not a TROLL Not a TROLL Not a TROLL

SIMSIMI SIMSIMI SIMSIMI SIMSIMI SIMSIMI

• Global Moderator
  • No Lifer
« Reply #11 on: January 13, 2012, 03:57:13 pm »
crafting could be some what good gathering all those matterials is a huge chore, im sure yellow recipe
required magic crests and some other tier 10s.

all these new tier 10's that where added to relic boss drops and no one can even use them.

Offline Bunnz

« Reply #12 on: January 14, 2012, 11:43:51 pm »
Well - just an idea: maybe you should not ask for annoying bugs only, but annoying features also.
No bug, but annoying: I did not like the fact, that AH auctions would only last 24 hours. I am a big fan of ingame economy, i like to sell and buy stuff at AH, and ofc i understand, that having a max time for AH offers is useful - but 24 hours is just too short. Why don't u have a 3 or 7 days limit? I m pretty sure your server can handle that :)...

And about the CashShop items (dont know Hanbit's policies about that): Would be nice to have tradeable CS items. And (no matter if tradeable or not): Make inventory extensions permanent, pls!
« Last Edit: January 16, 2012, 11:06:50 pm by Bunnz »

• Global Moderator
  • No Lifer
« Reply #13 on: January 15, 2012, 09:54:03 am »
dont like the fact we can only sell 10 items on the AH such a small number.

Offline Bunnz

« Reply #14 on: January 16, 2012, 11:21:18 pm »
And as i am always playing archers, hunters and ofc a Gadgeteer in Mythos: Another annoying point. You had bows, pistols etc dropping, while the only useful weap of choice was a rifle (at least for the dex build 90 % of players would go for). So if the pistols, bows etc. are not reserved for upcoming, yet hidden classes: let Gadgeteers have free choice, dont make them all go for the rifle... Outfits Gadgeteers have are boring anyway, let them have at least some fun with different weapons to choose from :)